Chapter 65

Daeun adjusted her perfect collar for the nth time, her painted nails glimmering under the fluorescent lights as nervousness gnawed at her

Daeun adjusted her perfect collar for the nth time, her painted nails glimmering under the fluorescent lights as nervousness gnawed at her. First day of her first job, and she couldn't deny the electrifying adrenaline course through her veins. She was excited but scared she would mess things up, which is very very likely.

Why? Because she was a futile mess courtesy of Park Seonghwa.

After her tiny breakdown 2 days ago, Seonghwa managed to cross her mind every moment. There was that blossoming feeling of little gratefulness blended with fuelled irritation. She blandly told him to stay away and he did the exact opposite- he literally knocked on her door and said he was going to keep an eye on her.

Just how much more confusing will he be?
She sighed at that, chest tightening as she looked down at her phone, the screen lighting up.

joohyun 💋
u haven't called me
cuz 😤💔

Daeun didn't pay attention to the transparent message much more the wallpaper behind it.

It was Seonghwa and her smiling at each other lovingly, pure adoration glowing in her brown eyes while him... she doesn't know what there was.

Maybe hatred? Sympathy? She doesn't know.

She really needed to change it though.

"Daeun?"

Immediately she switched off her phone, facing her jovial co-worker with a smile. "Hi."

"What are you doing here? Your shift doesn't start in 20 minutes." Somi scrunched up her nose, the distaste clear in her expression, she glanced up at the large clock up pinned against the wall, 14:40.

"Gotta create a good first impression." Daeun answered back with forced exaggeration.

"Damn, on my first day I came an hour late because of Daehwi- don't ask."

Somi chuckled, nodding at the girl to follow her as she glided down the hallway to the front desk, a grin etched on her lips. Daeun followed quickly, eyeing the girl with absolute admiration. Gosh her personality was just so bright, it was everything she ever envied.

"Daehwi is probably slouching off in the back room... let's surprise him." She winked and stopped at an unfamiliar room, Daeun peering at the closed door confusingly until it was slammed open by Somi.

Daehwi was indeed there, a look of horror crossing his face momentarily as he yanks his phone behind him, sheepishly chuckling at the glaring girl.

"Please tell me you aren't watching a porno." Somi exhaled tiredly, leaning against the doorway, revealing Daeun who stood there awkwardly.

Daehwi snorted at his friend. "The fuck Somi? We both know I prefer reading yao-"

"Ok I've heard enough." Daeun cut through with a gag, and Daehwi finally noticed the nervous girl, his eyes widening by a fraction.