Chapter 104

Surprisingly, Daeun had slowly got her life back on track- meaning she's studying again and practicing non stop

Surprisingly, Daeun had slowly got her life back on track- meaning she's studying again and practicing non stop. But this also meant she had socially inclined, barely talking to anyone when school ends and even in school, she's stuck in music class, writing, playing and whatnot.

Daeun yawned for the nth time, fingertips gripping the neck of her cello tightly whilst she draws the bow above the bridge once again, applying slight pressure before slowly sliding it along- an ear piercing shriek escaping it.

Daeun had winced at the deafening sound, as well as the male who stood like a ghost in the doorway- a coffee cup in his hand.

"I knew you played bad, horrible even, but what the fuck was that?"

Her head swivelled to the side at his scornful voice, a grunt following. "Don't you have anything to do Sang? You know, anything other than standing there and cussing my playing?" 

The subtle lift of Yeosang's lips was filled with the slightest amusement as he advances to her exhausted figure, outstretching her favourite coffee to her. "No."

She only scowled, snatching it out of his hand.

"What's with that grumpy little bitch attitude." He scoffed.

"Grumpy? I'm not grumpy nor am I a bitch." Daeun scoffed back at him, violently stabbing the paper straw into the cup- evidence of her short-tempered stance.

"You've been acting like this since you broke up with that Lucas boy."

Daeun gasped at that, turning to face Yeosang who stood over her, a brow raised at her instant defiance. "First of all, we were never together which meant that it technically wasn't a break up. Second of all, I am not grumpy because of that- heck I'm not even grumpy."

"Oh shut up." Yeosang waved off, not believing her one bit as he casually sits on her desk, flicking the strings of the instrument leaned between her legs.

Daeun wasn't grumpy, she was just slightly saddened. Neither her or Lucas has approached one another since she officially broke things off a fateful few days ago. She did understand why but she thought maybe they could've stayed as close friends? At least that's what she wanted.

Well it wasn't all that awkward. Whenever they saw each other like when crossing paths in the packed corridors or when passing each other during lunch, Lucas would smile at her and she would simply smile back. But neither spoke any words to one another.

It wasn't the worst feeling in the world, but she just wished things could've stayed the same between them.

"Does Seonghwa know you broke up- I mean rejected him because you still love him?" Yeosang gagged at the L word, attaining a slap on the shoulder from her.

"Shush! Imagine if he heard!"

"Heard what?"

Immediately the two whipped around to the entrance, heart dropping at Seonghwa who stood there- a coffee cup in his hand too. His brows knitted together, creases formed in the space between, out of general confusion.