30. Checking the premises

Bee and Fred walked holding hands through the doors of the café, the girl already making plans. It wasn't that big, but it was cozy. She left Fred's hands as she explored. 

"I reckon the library could go here, don't you think?" she said looking at a large empty wall. 

"Where are you going to find that many books, love?" he asked hugging her from behind.

"Uncle Regulus had many of them, and dad said I could use them. I'd charm them and everything so no one could steal them." she explained. "I'm thinking lilac for the walls. Or pastel yellow. Something soft."

Fred closed his eyes, trying to imagine the place in full swing. 

"Lilac for sure. It's your colour. It only makes sense, doesn't it darling?" 

"Fred can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, love."

"Will you draw in the walls for me?"

"Bee..." he said unsure. 

"Freddie please, you are magnificent at drawing. It only makes sense. Please." she said putting puppy eyes. 

"Ugh, stop. Okay, I'll do it. Under one condition."

"I'm listening."

"You and I are going to have breakfast down here everyday. No matter what. I don't care if I have to skip an hour of work at the shop. Pinky promise or I'll throw you in the Black lake." 

They linked pinkies and with his other hand, Fred pushed away some of her hair, crouching so his lips would be near her ear. 

"Before you open this" he whispered. "I'm fucking you on the kitchen counter. Maybe even one of the tables."

"People outside could see us, Fred."

"Do I look like a care? Plus, I'll take great pleasure in knowing that no matter where I fuck you you'll have to see the bloody table every day." 

Bee gulped, knowing exactly what would happen when they got to Grimmaulds place, and she couldn't wait for it. It had been a while since the two had sex, seeing as Remus and Sirius made it their personal mission to interrupt every time. Sirius was okay with the two of them dating, but Remus had somehow convinced Padfoot to join him in the cockblocking. 

"I'm going to hang a picture of the four of us at the Yule Ball, you know? I think it'll make it a happier place."

The sales man came back, as he had gone out for a second. 

"Would you guys like to see he flat upstairs?"

The both of them nodded. They made their way through the back door, going up the stairs. As the man opened the door, Bee fell in love. It was full of windows, and it had a fireplace. It was actually really roomy. The man showed them the lovely kitchen it had, both of them having very different thoughts about the use of the marble counter. 

There was a master bedroom with a walk in closet and a second bedroom, both empty. The whole flat didn't really have any furniture, which Bee didn't really mind at all. The toilet had a bath and it was all she needed to say yes to the place. She could see herself living there. The lot made their way back to the living room. 

"I'll leave you guys alone so that you can make your choice" the man said leaving. 

"What do you think?" Fred asked her. 

"I really like it. Plus it's literally next door from the shop. And sooooo roomy." 

Fred took her hand, and spun her around, slowly waltzing with her around the living room area. 

"What are you thinking about Freddie?" 

"I'm thinking we should move in together after school. You and I, in here." he spun her around again, this time pressing her back to his chest as he pointed. "You see, here we could put the couch, so you can read to me every night. We can put flowers in the windows, so many of them. And paint. Paint it baby blue. And fill the place of pictures of us and Lee and Georgie. And a coffee table. And my god the things I'm going to do to you on those counters. I'll finally be able to show you you are a five course meal, love. And the bedroom, that I'd leave to you, because I saw the way your eyes looked at it." 

"You know what? Yeah, let's do it. Let's move in together. I'm buying the place, right now."

"What  will Sirius say?" 

"Sirius will say it is okay because he is a cool dad."

"He is dadfoot." Fred smirked. 

"Fred I love you, but please stop calling my dad that, he'll hear you one day and refuse to let me call him anything else." she smiled. 

"So what I'm hearing here is that you love me?" 

"Yeah, I don't know if that is a curse or a blessing."

"Oi!" he said smiling. 

"Guys, have you made up your mind?" 

"We are taking them!" they said at the same time. 

Bee and Fred arrived at the house to the smell of Molly's soup. From both their necks hung the key to the flat, as a necklace. It would be their reminder until they could go in that this is was their future. They walked over to the sofa, both jumping on it. 

"Did you take it?" said George with hopeful eyes. 

Bee nodded. "We are doing this Georgie, the four of us."

They were called for dinner, being Charlie's last night, he had to go with a bang. He had noticed the keys. He cleared his throat. 

"Say Bee, Freddie, what's that hanging from your necks?" 

Bee choked on her food, and Fred looked at the plate. George started laughing along Ginny and Lee, knowing they were in for a good night. 

"They are keys." said Fred. 

"Aw, like a cute little metaphor?" said Bill rising an eyebrow. 

"To our flat, actually." said be as casually as she could. 

Everyone dropped their spoons. Everyone but Sirius, who kept eating like nothing happened. 

"Let me rephrase that, Sirius. Your only daughter who is not a legal adult yet has rented a flat with her boyfriend of less than a year behind your back." said Remus trying to put some sense into what was happening.

"Bought, actually." said Lee trying to stir the pot.

"Good for them" said Sirius smiling. "Did you buy the little café too, dear?" 

She nodded, trying to form a single coherent thought. This was not how she expect this to go. 

"Thoughts, mum?" said Ginny having way to much fun. 

"Oddly enough I am okay with this." said Molly.

"You are?" asked Fred. 

"I am. I mean I'm not happy about going behind our backs. But this is their chance to show they are mature enough to make that commitment and learn to live without mums or houselves. It'll be a good way for both of them to grow up." Molly smiled at the two of them. 

"Besides are we really that surprised?" Charlie started. "Bill and I have the wedding speeches ready, and we all knew this was coming."

"Hey! We're not getting married." Bee said.

"Not  yet anyway, we are only 17." said Fred. 

"Oh so a wedding no, but a flat and a job yes?" said Remus finally standing up and leaving the room.