Competition Awaits The Cursed 3

A/N: Kate x Reader

PART THREE! 

I hope you all enjoy and...

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

"You weren't there for my second fight, my love." Kate replies, staring at me calmly as her face relaxes, her shoulders untense. Her chest rising and falling, I realise that my hand is resting over her collarbone and see her glance at my retracting hand with a light smirk tugging on her lips. I continue to keep the knife against her neck, not backing down.

"So, you sneak into my room?" I question, feeling my face furrow as I don't understand the reason on why she snuck into my room for something so small. "That's... dumb." I express to her, she rests her hand on my right hand that holds the knife and slowly moves it away.

"I wanted to impress you," She informs me, making my shoulders untense, letting them fall and let out a small hum. I drop the pocketknife, grabbing it with my left hand and shutting it over, feeling her release my wrist. She sits herself up and her hands rest on my waist, I look down and notice that I'm on her lap. How is this my first full day and I've been in this position twice. Twice! "when can I impress you?"

"I don't think that's necessary." I reply to her, setting the pocketknife under my pillow for protection, looking into her eyes as I move back. Her smirk fading and turning into a genuine smile which is a pretty sight. She stares at me, doubtingly, "I mean it, Kate, I don't need to be proved anything." I express to her, pausing as I stare into her dark-ish blue eyes. "I've observed enough." I continue onto say after a pause, I attempt to move off of her lap, feeling myself getting tugged toward her. I huff. Seriously? Another repeat of last night but instead of with Ace it's Kate? "What?" I inquire, softly, turning to her.

"Where're you going?" She asks me, I try to move off again, yet she stops me once again. "Don't ignore me." She orders, I roll my eyes.

"I need to get something and memorise it." I answer, truthfully. "Now can I get off? Or do I have to beg for it?" I question, moving my hand under her chin to tilt her head further up. Noticing that she's cherry red at my comment, her hands removing off of my waist. I shuffle moving back, getting off and heading into the living room. Hearing footsteps behind me. Okay, so, looks like Kate's joining me. I pick up the case file and sit myself down on the couch, pulling my legs up and having my knees up to my chin. Opening the file and beginning to skim through the description so I can play my role correctly.

"What's that?" Kate asks me, pointing toward the case.

"A case file." I answer, truthfully. I hear a scoff from her and feel her eyes pierce into the side of my head; I feel her sit beside me, yet I don't tear my eyes away from the words on the file, I feel her right hand turn my head toward her. Her smiling lightly.

"I see that. But I'm here to talk to you, you don't think that's a little bit rude?" Kate asks me in a condescending tone, I roll my eyes, shutting it and setting it down on the coffee table, moving my legs down. I turn to her, bringing my leg up and moving my right arm over the top of the couch and my left arm rests on top of the arm rest. I stare at her, waiting for her to continue to speak. "OK..." She mutters, looking around the room and smiling. "someone's been treated." She chuckles out, continuing to glance around, "This is a really nice room."

"Yeah, I'm thankful for it." I agree, looking up at the ceiling myself that was boringly stone, I tut and look down. Staring ahead at where the fireplace sits comfortably.