Confused

A/N: Nadine x Reader

Summary: Y/n and Nadine are best friends and when things start to spark up between the two, Y/n finds out that she might not only be seeing her. She finds out about Nadine and Erwin and becomes confused on where she lies with Nadine.

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

I'm sitting in Mr Bruner's class, it's lunch, I have my legs up on the desk beside me and I stare at the ceiling, slouching down in the chair slightly as it's quiet between me and him. Waiting for my friend Nadine. I don't really know him that well enough to talk to him. I have an earphone in and I have my leg moving from left to right before I sigh, sitting up and I sit on my chair, crossing my legs and bring my right knee up to my chest,

"So..." I start, seeing him look over at me, "how's your day?"

"Oh, we're starting the small talk?" He asks me, sarcastically.

"Might as well." I answer in reply, seeing him begin to lean back in his chair, letting the back of the pencil hit against his forehead lightly a couple of times. "So, your day. Tell me about it."

"Do I have too—?"

"—You have too." I confirm, nodding my head.

"Okay, fine, I ask the questions." He tells me, sitting up and resting his hands on the counter.

"All right..." I let out, nodding my head and waiting for his question,

"Why're you sitting with me today?" He asks me, "I know you have friends, I know you have your people. So, why me?" He asks, resting his arms on the counter, I blink a couple of times, glancing off imperceptibly before turning back to him, feeling my heart drop. My friends ditched me and the only person who bothered to notice me was Nadine.

"I don't have any friends." I mutter quietly, seeing his eyes widen for a moment.

"Oh..."

"Oh?"

"Well, I just... I thought that you were just messing around with her."

"Messing around with her?" I question, confused. The door opens and we both turn to see Nadine, shutting the door and turning around,

"Oh, hey Y/n." She greets me, smiling as she heads over to me. "I'm glad you took my offer."

"Yeah, I thought I would." I express to her, she sits beside me and sets her bag down, sitting beside me.

"So, what's the first topic of conversation?" Nadine asks, pulling out her lunch.

"Well, I'm just getting to know your friend here." Mr Bruner replies, sarcastically. I clench my jaw and look down, letting my jaw move to the right as I fight back a smile. "Delightful, I tell you. Really delightful."

"Yeah, you've been a ray of sunshine yourself." I reply, looking up and seeing a smile on his face that I return.

"Perfect, so, I say we pick up where we left off. Okay, we got a debate— me and Y/n by the way." Nadine informs him, him nodding his head. "Okay, tinder or match.com. What one is worse?" Nadine asks him, looking at him intently as she takes a bite of her chips. I reach for some but she hits my hand away, I pull it to me and hold it in pain,

"Ah, ouch." I complain, shaking my hand in pain.

"What the hell is match.com?" He asks, confused. Glancing between me and Nadine.