• Kangan •

Half an hour passed by.

"Hogayi kheer taiyar?" Savitri went to ask her daughter-in-law with a gentle smile.

"Haan aai, ab kya karna hai?" Naina twisted the switched-off button and turned back to look at her MIL.

"Pehle bappa ke saamne apne naye jeevan ke liye prathna karna aur phir dono milkar unke saamne kheer rakh dena," Savitri informed.

"Okay!" Naina obediently nodded her head.

"Taste toh nahi kiya na?" Savitri questioned with worry on her face.

"Nahi nahi, mujhe yaad tha ki ise taste nahi kar sakte," Naina said confidently.

"Toh theek hai, chalo ab jaldi." The aging lady softly patted her head and walked away.

Naina carefully poured Rice pudding into the ethnic Indian crystal bowl and decorated the sweet dish with cardamom powder and rich healthy dry fruits. She made her way out of the kitchen while holding the delicate pot in her soft hand, and Sameer stood up the moment he saw his wife.

Naina blessed him with a gentle smile and took calculated steps towards the marble temple sculpted with radiating teeny-weeny stones and thin strings of golden lighting, and covered her head with the pallu, making Sameer feel enraptured with her cultured beauty. She kept the bowl for a while on the table and both of them stood just an inch away from each other, praying to lord Ganesha to give them strength to deal with every complicated situation, help them with making mutually wise decisions, and make all the pricking roads of life easy for them to walk on. They don't want wealth and social power in abundance, just each other's firm support and lifelong togetherness is enough to make them feel delighted.

Marriages shouldn't be based on frequent candlelight dinners, expensive gifts, foreign trips, and all. It should contain love, affection, respect, happiness, and most importantly your partner's trust and honesty in the relationship because it is worth more than anything in this world. No dollars can buy loyalty, and neither can power bring peace and love to you. It comes naturally and if one gets it, it's the huge and best blessing from above heaven.

For the first time while praying Naina opened her left eye to see her husband sincerely standing beside her, his hands folded and eyes shut with lips slightly parted. A soft smile donned her face when she acknowledged how cute he looked with pure innocence framing his side profile. How she always wished to adore this Prince her entire life. She is lucky her wish was answered without extra complicated predicaments. Naina lowered her tranquil gaze to his hand and her fingers naturally moved to hold his giant one. She lovingly and pridefully pushed her fingers inside his warm ones and gripped them gently with her baby pink lips curved for a satisfied smile, and Sameer quickly responded to her affectionate gesture with a radiating beam on his charming visage.

They both were done praying for their peaceful marriage life and then they conscientiously held the fragile bowl of rice kheer to offer it to lord Ganesha. SamaiNa inclined forward and placed the First Bhog prepared by Naina in front of the colorful eye-catching statue of Bappa, their soft smiles widening to their edges in response.

"Chalo ab hum bhi taste karte hain humari bahu ke haathon se bani Kheer," Savitri commented joyfully once her son and daughter-in-law were done with the rasam.

Everyone's expressions switched to fear when they realized that now no power in this world can stop them from eating Naina's self-made rice pudding. Anshuman started to rub his stomach and said with a fake upset face - "Bhabhi sorry, woh kal  na subah se sab shaadi me kachar pachar kha ke na ab mera pet bahut bigad gaya hai, toh main nahi taste kar paunga kheer."