• First Night Anniversary •

Naina exhaled deeply while disorientedly wandering her thumb on the golden Kangan and turned off the main switch of the living room. She approached her bedroom, gently pushed aside the wooden element which was closed, and was smitten after seeing the Romantic Sajawat done around the corner with grace.

Scented wax candles in delicate transparent glasses were illuminating every corner, artificial petals of baby pink and lily white flowers were sprawling around the double size bed with hangings of aromatic roses loosely dangling against the brown metallic stand and there was a gift box wrapped with glittering silver paper lying on the crystal table.

Naina came ahead with a nervous smile and picked up the box, having a note attached to the sellotape. She perused the handwritten letter with serene eyes - "jab tumhe yeh note milega tab main gharpe nahi rahuga kyuki main kuch kaam se bahar aaya hoon, but I want you to know my pretty wife that I am sincerely and eagerly waiting to see you in the dress inside the box which you're holding in your hand right now. Like always I will not force you, agar tum tired ho, ya tumhara mood nahi hai, toh tum yeh baad me bhi pehen sakti ho, no problem, but by chance agar tum pehno toh pehen ne ke baad mujhe ek miss call de dena. Till then take care of yourself. I Love You Jaan."

A soft smile played on her lips after reading the cute letter written by her husband and she quickly unsealed the packet with excitement to see what Sameer had bought for her for their special night after marriage. Naina gently took off the sticky tapes from all sides and uncovered the box with curious eyes. She drew out the folded dress and her lips parted in surprise when she deciphered how ravishing the piece of cloth was.

It wasn't suitable for shy and innocent girls at all but well she doesn't even appear on this list.

Naina twisted her lips and said amusingly - "chalo Mrs.Raut get ready to smitten your dear husband."

She carried the piece of cloth with her to the bathroom and closed the door.

• Sameer was done with the work for which he left his pretty bride at home and was now returning home with a teeny-weeny hope of seeing her in his gifted baby doll nightie. He drove smoothly on the clear road while smiling unstoppably and just then he saw Namrata with a lean figure guy standing beside her in front of the medical store.

He halted the bike and took off the helmet, staring at the slim guy buying packets of medicines and then giving it to Namrata who slipped the packed pills inside the handbag.

Sameer saw the guy asking Namrata if she wanted to buy anything from here and she negatively shook her head while zipping the bag. After paying the bill to the shopkeeper they both started to leave, but just then Namrata noticed Sameer sitting on the bike with a bewildered expression and her steps naturally halted.

The guy who was simply walking on the side street, suddenly stopped and looked back at Namrata and found her busy staring at an unknown tall man.

"Namrata?" The boy took her name with a raised eyebrow.

"Haa?" Namrata responded to him while frowning.

"Ruk kyu gayi tum?" He asked her calmly.

"Kuch Nahin," Namrata said with a nervous smile and eyed Sameer apprehensively noticing her weird behavior.

She avoided any conversation with Sameer as she knew how conservative her fiance is. He doesn't like it if she talks to a male who isn't her brother or a distant relative.

Sameer spotted her handkerchief falling on the road and he decided to inform her - "Namrata tumhara rumal niche gir gaya hai."

Arnav was first to react when an unknown man mentioned his fiance's name and he quizzically stared at Namrata who started to shiver while kneeling to pick up the cotton intricately woven handkerchief. She didn't look at Sameer for once and grasped the fabric in her sweaty palm, her eyes lowered to her feet. Arnav twisted his lips and asked her in a terse tone - "Yeh ladka tumhara naam kaise janta hain Namrata?"