• Pehchaan •

"Tripti ka rishta tay honewala hai is month ke end tak." Shivangi declared the good news Naina awaited to hear from god knows how many years, and a wide smile immediately cracked on her pink lips.

"Really? Who's the unlucky boy Tai?" Naina asked her sister-in-law in excitement, only to get a fake stern look.

"Mera matlab kya karta hai woh ladka." She said softly, making Shivangi laugh in response.

"He is an Army Officer." The dusky-skin girl informed the trio in delight.

"Wow, army officer, use kya dikha tripti me jo haa keh diya?" Naina curiously asked her while chewing on vegetable uttapam loaded with cheese.

"Jab milogi use tab puch lena yeh question." Shivangi replied to her with a waggish smile, feeding her son the remaining breakfast.

"I wish I could, anyway. Photo toh dikhao." Naina demanded, buoyantly tapping her hands on the dining table, and Shivangi unlocked her phone, going through plenty of biodatas to find out the prospective groom of the human-snake. As she tapped on the fifteenth list she turned around the mobile, showing the photographs of a young, fair, extremely fit man with perfect tallness to make Naina ponder if he wore spectacles the day he met Tripti because he truthfully looked too good to be her husband.

"Are you sure he's the one?" Naina confirmed with her sister-in-law.

"Of course, Saurabh naam hai." She told her, keeping her phone on the table.

"Tripti is damn lucky," Naina exclaimed unbelievably, a pout crawling on her lips, and Sameer glared at his wife for swooning over the Handsome Army Officer.

"You're lucky too." He told her in a deep stern voice, giving a tight-lipped smile.

"But I'm deserving. She isn't." Naina replied to him in melancholy.

Sameer blew out a quick breath, sharing a piece of required knowledge with his wife - "Just because she isn't good with you doesn't mean ki woh sabke saath ek jaisa behave karegi Naina, and let me tell you one thing. She has always been good to my sister and mother, kabhi unhe demean nahi kiya status ya past ko leke, so I think you shouldn't judge her."

Naina realized her husband was right and she was being mean toward the human-snake. Maybe they had some bitter relations in the last birth hence Tripti always tried to humiliate her or break her heart.

"You are right, but tumhari aur ek fangirl ki shadi hone jaa rahi hai ab." Naina said with a cute smile.

"I don't care, tumhari ho rahi hoti toh baat alag hai," Sameer replied to her with a solemn expression, sipping ginger tea from the white mug.

"Meri toh ho gayi na already." She gave an adorable smile while sliding a slice of Kashmiri apple.

"Aur kya chahiye hai? You're mine for life, phir baki jise shadi karni hai woh kare. None of my concern." He looked at her lovingly before swerving his gaze to the plate, feeding himself with the food.

"Koi siblings hai Saurabh ji ke?" Naina asked her sister-in-law, who was busy making Shivyan wear the tie.

"Haa, ek elder brother hai, he's also an Army Officer," Shivangi said happily, adjusting the plain tie on Shivyan's white uniform shirt.

"Great." Naina smiled in response.

"Hmm, tum yeh baat kisi ko batana mat, mujhe bhi mana kiya tha but I couldn't resist myself. Abhi tak kuch fix nahi hai but almost rishta wahi honewala hain. Aryan keh raha tha aaj woh Saurabh ji se milne wala hai cafe me kuch discuss karne, I don't know what, uske baad decide hoga if we should move ahead with the proposal or not." Shivangi alerted her clumsy brother's wife who could reveal not-to-be-said things to her family, and Naina slightly nodded her head for yes.