• Mr. And Mrs.Raut •

"I am genuinely surprised aaj kisi ne tumhe aake approach kaise nahi kiya flirt ke liye ya friendship ke liye." Sameer said with a flummoxed expression as his wife looked sizzling hot in a saree tonight and knowing how boys are he expected some of them to come and try out their luck on her, but miraculously the males in the party seemed lost in their own world, and it was a good thing to be honest.

"Toh tum kya chahte the woh log mujhse baat karne aaye aur phir jo tumne us raat cruise me kiya tha woh Pratu ki reception me bhi ho?" Naina didn't know whether she taunted her husband or said it casually but truthfully his impulsive acts makes her feel appalled and baffled at certain times.

"Arey yaar, waha scene hi aisa bana tha, main kya koi bhi ladka yahi karta." Sameer justified his aggressive actions in a soft voice.

"Hmm chodo, I don't want to talk about it. Par honestly aaj bahut maza aaya, I felt so happy jab pratu anmol ke saath itni khushi se dance kar rahi thi aur woh dono live perform kar rahe the. We have been together for almost three decades now and it feels so good to see how your schoolmates are finding their soulmates in their best friends." Naina spoke with a sweet smile while rotating the wheel as she was driving back home.

"Yes, I can understand your feelings, maine tumhe dekha tha emotional hote hue jab woh dono cake cut kar rahe the aur saath me couple dance." Sameer kept his palm above her hand which was placed on the leather handle.

"You know na your wife is so emotional." Naina gave a cute smile, hiding her tears behind the veil of blurry eyes.

"Haan Jaan." He blinked, looking at the beautiful view of his wife serenely driving on roads that were thoroughly calm and unusually quiet.

As they crossed the bridge they found several cars being run rashly but police strict arrangements were made to prohibit drunkards from injuring people. The sight of stray dogs and cats sleeping under the bench with nothing to cover their shivering bodies broke Samaina's heart, and when they came across a multitude of humans lying over the crumpled newspapers or thin transparent sheets while trying to cover their arms with their hands because the weather was too breezy had made them realize how fortunate and privileged they're to get a shelter above their heads with luxurious facilities and services. 

"Sameer, I want to donate blankets and pillows to these people," Naina said out of urgency with tenderness and compassion in her voice for poverty-stricken people.

"Main bhi yahi kehne wala tha." Sameer was pleased to know his wife had the same thoughts as his.

"Hum kal ya parsu jake hi dukan se khareed kar yahan khud se inhe dene aayege," Naina suggested, her heart beating wildly as she tried to imagine how arduous it is to sleep on the road or bench without a thick blanket to comfort your body. Even while driving, sitting inside the warm cabin had made her shiver because the 31st's night climate is always full of wind and quivers.

"Sure jaan, mere ek pehchaan me hai dukaan wala woh humare kehne par sabse achi quality ke blankets and pillows order kar ke de dega by evening," Sameer affirmed, earning a small smile from his wife.

The drive was silent as both of them were engrossed in their own thoughts and after reaching home by 4:35 AM. Naina was bone-tired and had no energy to get indulged in a wild ride.

She tossed the clutch and handkerchief on the bed and put the customized foreign chocolates and perfumes boxes given by Pratiksha and Anmol as a gift to their special guests. Naina tied her hair with a loose-fitting pink rubber band and wished she could sleep in this saree as she had no energy to go and change her clothes, but she didn't like the idea of wearing the same outfit for some more hours.