• Daulat •

"Maine kiya lunch," Sameer said after a minute with a normal expression, washing tomatoes and capsicum under the cold water.

"Kitna? Ek spoon? Do spoon?" She asked him amusingly as she knew it was their unsaid rule to not eat a proper meal whenever they fight or stay upset with each other.

"Pura ka pura yaar." He replied confidently, grabbing the chopping board from the upper white shelf.

"Bas haa beta, mujhe bhi samjh me aata hain jab koi jhoot bole toh." Naina showed her palm with a knowing smile, and Sameer ignored her, peeling off the skin of an onion.

"Yeh sab kyu bana rahe ho ab? Bahar se order kar rahe haina food." She frowned at her husband.

"Abhi tak order nahi kiya hai, it'll take approximately 40/45 minutes to arrive, aur main tumhe aur bhuk bardasth nahi karne dunga. Bahar jake match dekho, main aata hoon sandwiches bana kar thodi der me." Sameer answered her in a gentle voice, carefully pressurizing the edge of the knife to slice an onion like a MasterChef.

"I'll manage," Naina said tenderly.

"You know your husband is stubborn so stop pleading." He looked at her over his shoulder with a lopsided smile, making her sigh.

"My eyes are burning, these onions are so cruel." She exclaimed while adorably rubbing her watery lashes, preventing brine fluid from escaping them.

"Toh jao na bahar yaar, yaha kya hai?" Sameer asked her vexatiously while sliding the chopped vegetable inside one bowl.

"Tum," Naina said in a cute voice, pointing her finger at his crouched-down figure.

"Don't act like a typical bollywood heroine, this isn't a film." Sameer tried to sound firm but a teensy-weensy smile on his lips at the end told everything.

"This isn't a film, but still, You Are My Hero," Naina replied to him with a seductive expression casting her round face, leaning ahead to gently kiss the side of his stubble-cheek.

"Pure do din ka flirt karne ka maza utha rahi ho tum. Haina?" Sameer asked her in playfulness, squeezing his moist eyes the next moment out of agony as the onions were hurting his delicate flesh.

Naina was quick to lovingly brush aside the soft trickles of tears with her fingers, suggesting - "Put them in cold water before slicing, phir burning feel nahi hogi."

"I know, but yaad hi nahi aata kabhi." He replied, putting the leftover sliced onion inside the vessel.

"Hmm, should I help you with something?" She asked him excitedly, although not knowing what she should do with this wounded finger.

Glancing at her with a slow smile lingering on his face. Sameer said in a husky voice - "Just be here with me. I don't want aur kuch bhi."

"Is it?" Naina raised an eyebrow at him in delight.

"Yes." He nodded, smiling at her.

"Bahar sabko pata chal gaya hoga ab tak ki humara patch up hogaya hai." She said with a sweet smile, taking out a packet of bread, butter, and cheese from inside the fridge.

"Haa, humari shakal dekh kar hi sabko pata chal jata hai ki humare bich koyi ladai huwi hai." Sameer replied to her with amusement doubling in his voice, his hands skilfully working on fresh vegetables to shape them little-little.

"Wahi...kyuki warna hum itne door baith the hi nahi hai, humesha chipke hue rehte hai ek dusre se like a fevicol." Naina giggled, removing the rubber band from the top of the green packet and keeping the bread on a plate one by one.