• Reconsideration •

After taking a small sip of ginger tea with his eyes closed. Sameer quickly fell in love with the strong flavor of myriad herbs and powder mixed in the milk, amazingly balancing the taste of extra sugar.

"Wow wow wow, kya chai banayi hai meri biwi ne, bilkul uski adao ki tarah ekdum kadak aur mast." He commented in utter zest, slurping his favorite beverage with a bright smile and satisfied heart.

"Compliment bhi diya toh aisa? Tapori." Naina mocked him for using a rowdy language which was also known for its uniqueness.

"Shut up, padha likha aadmi hoon, stable job ke saath, woh toh tumhe khush karne ke liye keh diya." Sameer said in a disgruntled tone, casually sliding a piece of fritter inside his colossal mouth and gently grinding the crispy green chilies between his teeth, thoroughly enjoying the pleasant breakfast served on his plate and made by his pretty wife with enormous hard work.

"Acha ji?" Naina amusingly raised her eyebrow at him.

"Haanji madam." He affirmed, adding more with a proud look encircling his face - "Cooking seekh li lagta hai wifey ne, chai aur pakode dono bhi bahut tasty bane hai."

"Shukriya, par yeh special princess treatment roz roz nahin milne wala hai." Naina alerted her enthusiastic and foodie husband in a sugar-coated tone, and he sharply glared at her, saying with a lip-closed smile - "Pata hai mujhe."

She chortled at his piqued expression, happily munching on self-made snacks while gazing at the sunset beauty shadowing the wide extended sky with mist and soft sparkles of mild downpour, wetting the dry earth in a few seconds.

"Naina, it's raining, I think we cannot go out." Sameer teased his girl when rainfall unexpectedly began to pour on the ground, making a dancing pitter-patter noise.

"Halki si baarish hai." Naina said with a normal look, sipping on half-consumed tea from His Cup.

"Haa par halki si baarish kab tufaan me badal jaye, kise pata?" He spoke as seriously as he could while sympathizing with his wife's complicated situation, however, his concealed impish smile vanished when his girl regarded him with an untold threat in her fervid eyes to utter just one more negative word and he would be thrown out of the balcony for casting black magic on the sky.

"Par chahe jitni bhi baarish ho, aaj ka event cancel nahi hone wala, ho bhi gaya toh hum akele waha jaa kar garba khelenge. Don't worry." Sameer quickly fixed his blunder and said with a sweet smile, normalizing her terrifying expression.

Naina simply veered at the dull grey clouds pouring slow drops of unfiltered water and forcing humans to either stand under the roof with tensed eyes or open the umbrella to prevent soaking themselves under mild drizzles. She shook her head in disbelief, wondering if God was testing her patience by unpredictably calling an army of rainfall without any hint or prior notice, and she could hear a cruel man laughing silently from behind, instantly sewing his mouth when her infuriated eyes twirled back at him.

"Zyada khi khi kiya na toh sach keh rahi hoon, room me lock kar ke chali jaugi tumhe." Naina threatened him in a low-pitched tone, furiously chewing the poor fried piece of fritter to express her resentment towards her husband.

"Le, what did I do now? Maine thodi kaha tha badal bhaisahab se ki barasne lago ab kyuki meri biwi bahut excited hai dandiya event ke liye." Sameer said with an innocent expression, his attention distracted by the stinging noise of uncontrollable rainfall, sharpening her facial features too.

"Agar baarish band nahi hui na humare jaane tak, toh aaj tumhari khair nahi. Dekh lena." Naina angrily warned her mischievous man who was secretly having fun by seeing her irked because of an unplanned downpour and was enjoying the cold, mesmerizing breeze and its muddy scent fanning his skin.