• Jeene Ki Wajah •

Sameer spotted a neatly folded mild magenta saree lying above the satin turquoise night suit, and asked his wife who was seen applying body lotion on her forearms - "How many days has it been since you haven't worn a saree?"

Naina stopped moving her fingers on her skin and glared at him through the mirror, enough to avert his gaze from her to the bed he was sitting on.

"Kyu pehnu?" She asked him curtly, but there was a hidden smile on her face.

"Kyu pehente hai log?" Sameer asked her with a sarcastic smile.

"Pata Nahi." Naina shrugged off, passing a mischievous smile at her man.

"Kabhi pehen liya karo." He requested his wife in a deep voice.

"Kiske liye?" She asked him with an oblivious expression, twisting her lips.

"Mere liye, nahi?" He looked at her questioningly, curling up his curvy lips.

"Pehen toh sakti hoon, but, faida kya, jab tumhe use nikalne me zyada interest hai," Naina said each word after a small pause, and Sameer face-palmed himself.

"Kya karu ab, hot hi itni lagti ho tum, especially tumhari woh slim si kamar." He confessed, pushing a wicked smile at his wife who responded to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Slim si kamar toh tumhari bhi hai, but maine kabhi kaha tumhe saree pehen ne?" Naina asked him amusingly, although she knew her question had no meaning, she wanted to irritate her man.

"Yeh kya wahiyaad illogical sawal hua?" Sameer scowled at her in annoyance only to erupt hysterical laughter in the room.

"Chidkuram." She teased him again with the nickname he loathed the most in this world.

He controlled his anger somehow by gritting his teeth at no one in particular, and taunted her - "If you're done decorating yourself with this lotion, then switch off the lights."

Naina glanced at him in perplexity, wondering if her playful comment offended her grumpy man. She gently rounded the cap around the sleek bottle and pushed it inside the drawer, getting up from the chair to turn off the illumination. As she walked toward him, he shifted away casually, his back touching the bed rest, and his fingers wandering on the phone between his palms. She narrowed her eyes at his indirect hints to make her understand that he was angry at her and she should manofy him.

"Main koi manane wali nahi hoon tumhe," Naina said in a stern voice.

"Tumse kisne kaha mujhe manane?" Sameer turned to ask her with a roguish smile on his face.

"Kisi ne bhi nahi." She replied to him in a firm voice, grabbing a bedtime book from the nearby table to show her husband that she wasn't going to do something romantic to melt his so-called anger.

He chuckled in amusement as he saw his wife holding the English book upside down, his shrewd brain contemplating if she could understand the words printed on the pages in such a wrong position. Naina was trying to express her grumpiness by flipping the thin sheets continuously, until her husband's annoying voice mocked her, his eyes hooked to his phone - "Book sidhi karlo pehle, phir dikhana mujhe apna yeh mini mini gussa."

"Main book aise hi padhti hoon, tumse matlab?" Naina looked at him in a rage, mentally kicking herself for always finding new ways to embarrass herself deeply.

"So beautiful." She thought Sameer was complimenting her to mend her mood, and just when she decided to call off the cold war. She heard him saying dreamily - "Siddharth Malhotra is so damn lucky to find himself such a beautiful wife like Kiara."