• Suffocation •

Naina took heavy steps towards the wardrobe to take a shower and get ready. Her drowsy eyes aimlessly looking for comfortable clothes jumbled on each other, and just then she heard the euphonious noise of birds chirping around the bright sky, making her realize that it wasn't a terrible night anymore. The dawn has broken over the city, increasing everyone's hope to have a good day ahead. She glanced up at the clock, checking the time, and mouthed "6:15 AM" with a shocked face.

Were they engaged too much in fighting that they both didn't realize it has been freaking four and a half hours since they have reached home and hadn't taken a short nap?

Their fight never continued till the morning.

It was the first time they countered one another for these lengthy and excruciating hours.

Amazing!

They are progressing.

Perusing the current complicated situation, it seems like soon they will have such days when they won't even remember when was the last time they slept peacefully in each other's arms.

When was the last time they smiled naturally without any filters?

When was the last time when they loved one another without resistance and guilt and did something special to make each other feel happy and blessed?

Nothing was happening according to their wants and needs.

Everything was slowly demolishing, blocking each room of hope to mend the broken hearts again.

And it was truthfully too irritating.

Naina painstakingly brought out a yellow t-shirt and light blue dotted palazzo, closing the door gently, but just then she thought to take a warm bath and dress up herself for the day. Hence she unlocked the door again and drew out a rose pink kurti paired with denim, keeping back the previous clothes she chose for herself.

Her soft eyes tilted back to the man, now found lifelessly sitting on the chair with lost eyes and an ashen visage, thinking about his love life getting destroyed because of his impulsiveness and aggressive demeanor. Tears unconsciously rolled down his cheeks, dampening her heart too. She didn't know why she also started to cry while emotionally staring at him, firmly clutching the clothes in her hands.

She hastily looked away when his glum gaze accidentally went towards her and scurried to the bathroom to get ready.

Sameer sighed heavily, gingerly shutting his wet eyelids to drag himself into a deep slumber where he could fearlessly dream of a happy and smiling Naina sending unadulterated laughter in the wind.

• At 7:30 AM, Naina stepped out of the bathing room with a towel wrapped over her drenched tresses, her eyes lying directly on her husband sleeping in an uncomfortable position, his breaths calm and normal, and his silky hair falling over his lashes to portray him as A Charming Boy. She resists going near him and caressing his oh-so-handsome face with her fingers and adore him till her heart's content with love oozing for him in her amber eyes.

She walked to the dressing table and stood in front of the large mirror, making her meet with the bitter reality, she couldn't believe she had become so miserable, how swollen red her always-bright eyes were looking today without shine and delight, how dull her lips seemed, devoid of a wide smile. She didn't look the same girl she was yesterday, so-in-love with her husband. She looked completely different, broken, unhappy, dissatisfied, a complicated mess.

Even after continuous chants to calm down her violent heartbeats. She wept silently, pressing her lips to muffle the harsh noise of her cries.

The girl blearily reflecting in the crystal mirror showed her the real truth of a marriage where there will be days which won't be as good and happening as yesterday. Where you will feel extremely suffocated and have a feminine urge to break all the promises and rules to free yourself from the lifetime commitment for the time being yet the sacred thread you are tangled into pulls you back to forget everything and start afresh because you are a wife before a broken woman. And a wife never steps back from her responsibilities and duties.