• Laal Rang •

"Naina, tumhe garmi nahi lag rahi hai?" Sameer looked at his wife in the video chat, all dolled up in a heavy traditional dress for the wedding she was handling herself.

"Lag bhi rahi ho toh kya faida? Can't wear western." Naina said gloomily, raking a hand through her straightened hair to comb them again.

"I pity you," Sameer uttered, in a meek tone as he was just wearing a plain white vest and black boxers.

"I know, and say. Had dinner?" She asked him normally, the loud music in the background disturbing her earbuds as she wanted to talk to him peacefully.

"Yes, I had, did you?" He replied to her with a small smile, able to see how irritated his wife looked because of the thunderous music.

"Hmm will have it later. I'll hang up the call, bahut aawaz aa rahi hai yaha. Bye." Naina said normally, disconnecting the ongoing Video chat with an exhausted expression.

She had been on her toes for two weeks, organizing a dreamy wedding for her clients to make the biggest day of their lives a perfect one.

She yawned while tapping her palm on her mouth, getting up from the chair to go inside the venue.

• Sameer was waiting for her call at 3 Am, but his phone didn't ring. He didn't even receive any text message from her side which meant she was busy and had no time for him.

Happens...

He endeavored to coax his broken heart and understand her responsibilities as a wedding planner, but deep down he ached to hug her tightly and never allow her to travel anywhere without him.

He wished she was a software engineer like him and they worked together for the same company to develop a strong professional bonding outside their personal life.

"I am busy, tum so jana, kal baat karege. Good Night ❤️." Naina messaged him at 3:48 AM, sending her latest picture to him so that he could sleep without any tension.

Sameer kept staring at her photo with a wide beam on his face, his thumb caressing her shimmering countenance displayed on the cell phone. She looked angelic in a beige Punjabi suit with details of mild brown threads at some corners and his eyes couldn't stop gazing at the beauty tiredly smiling at the camera for him. He wishes he could vanish her exhaustion and be with her to bring a genuine bright smile to her lips.

"My Life. Cannot take my eyes off you meri jaan." ♥️🧿 He replied to her instantly after watching her picture for more than a minute, and sent her three romantic gifs, in which the tall, foreign boy was lovingly kissing his girlfriend/wife on her lips, cheeks, and neck, keeping her closer to his heartbeats.

"Thank You, soye nahi?" Naina's reply was miraculously instant.

"Ab kaise so pauga? Apni khubsurat biwi ko dekhne ke baad?" 🥺 Sameer said dramatically while smiling goofily.

"Delete kar doon picture?" Naina texted him after a few seconds.

"😠😠😠" Instead of writing words, he decided to express his anger through emojis, and she gave a laughing reaction to his message.

"Tomorrow is Holi," Sameer informed her as it was her favorite festival which she wouldn't be able to celebrate this time.

All thanks to her hectic work life.

"I know, can't even apply colors on you. Pehli holi shadi ke baad aur woh bhi mana nahi sakte." 😒 She replied, extremely disappointed for not getting to enjoy the Tyohaar of colors and sheer joy.