• Broken Marriage •

Sameer picked up a delicate flower vase kept on the table and was about to break it, but his hand stopped midway when he recalled the words his wife uttered when they were purchasing this piece of item.

"Sameer, yeh sirf ek mamuli flower vase nahi hai, yeh different hai baki sabse."

"Aur woh kyu?"

"Kyuki isme artificial flowers nahi hai, isme real flowers rakhe jayege every day by us which means ki humari life me fake ya replica cheezon ki koyi jagah nahi hai. Our relationship will be as real as these flowers in the vase, based on trust and understanding."

"Hmm, woh toh hai, but roz roz yaar kaun isme phool wagera lagayega?"

"Jaisey rishto ko har din samjhne ki zarurat hoti hai, unhe pyaar karne ki zarurat hoti hai, waise hi in phoolon ko bhi roz is vase me sajane ki zarurat hai zindagi ko mehakti banane ke liye. Jaise hum apni zimmedariyon se peeche nahi mukarte kabhi, waise hi yeh sare phool bhi kabhi humein yeh ehsaas nahi hone dege ki humari boring si life me pyaar aur chahat ki khushboo bikhar gayi hai."

"Baap re, Naina. I didn't know tumhe flowers itne zyada pasand hai, but I must say. Your explanation was good and convincing."

"Thank you, now quickly buy it, I can't wait to keep this in our bedroom and make it look beautiful and dreamy. Just like our relationship."

"Okay Jaan."

"Aur haa, never try to replace this with another vase until it breaks down."

"Tum toh kaafi possessive ho rahi ho yaar is vase ke liye."

"This isn't possessiveness. This is my love for flowers."

"Whatever."

Sameer came out of his memory lane when a thundering noise of heavy rainfall fell into his ears, and his soft eyes traveled to the vase in his left hand, quickly deleting the idea of breaking it. He might be extremely enraged at Naina but he cannot disrespect her love and attachment with the fresh multi-hued flowers residing inside the fragile pot, making him acknowledge his possessiveness and affection for his Royal Enfield bullet bike. He was immensely fond of his vehicle when he bought it with his hard-earned money, washing it every day, and covering its skin and engine with a customized thick grey sheet to protect the expensive model from the evil eye. He might be sounding like a moron for being too possessive for an ordinary bike, but sometimes in life, such simple things make you feel happy and excited, similar to a child when he gets his favorite toffy or toy.

Sameer gently kept the flower vase in its original position, but his wild act triggered Naina's anger and she asked him in a stern voice - "Kya ho gaya? Ruk kyu gaye, just throw it away naa."

He said nothing, just peering at his bare feet with his blood boiling unstoppably, coercing him to turn the world upside down at this moment. To make Abhinav understand that his irritating presence was just increasing fights between them and that his insecurities too were reaching another level that was unfathomable and uncontrollable.

Naina walked ahead furiously, picking up the vase and raising her hand to break it completely, but Sameer was quick to tightly seize her wrist, screaming at her in fury - "Are you mad? Kya karne jaa rahi thi?"

"Kyun? Main toh sirf tumhara adhura kaam pura kar rahi hoon, Sameer. Let me do it." She said with a sardonic expression, miserably struggling to free her locked wrist from his steel grip, and his dark eyes softened, trying to make her understand in a gentle voice - "Shut up, Naina, main karne wala tha par nahi kiya na, toh phir ab tum kyu kar rahi ho?"

A nefarious smile clicked on her lips as she swirled her jeering gaze at him and asked in pure amazement - "Mujhe laga tumhe accha lagega jab main vase tod dungi aur uske tukde tukde kar dungi."