• Heroine •

Received so many lovely comments on Sameer's character in the previous chapter. 🤌😂

But never mind. Just make sure to not hurt author's sentiments 🥺😌

Here we go.

Naina was cleaning the vessels while thinking about how many girls were surrounded by her husband, not leaving him even for a second. She wasn't being possessive and controlling, but the way females were complimenting his tallness, his silky hair, his smooth cheeks, his minimal beard, and his pretty hypnotizing eyes made her feel jealous. She felt like him pulling him into the room and telling him to stop blushing like a bride at the myriad praises he received from his office girls. 

"Handsome pati hone ke bhi kitne cons hai yeh aaj pata chala mujhe." Naina thought with dismay on her face and simply cleaned the milk pot with the dishwasher.

"Tch tch tch, nayi naveli dulhan bartan maanj rahi hai." Tripti's evil voice welcomed a burning storm in Naina's heart.

Naina ignored her presence and continued with the task at hand. She placed the spoons and forks under the running water and wiped away the dirty stains from them with her fingers. Tripti came ahead and said amusingly - "bahar sab mauj kar rahe hai, tere gharwale gossip kar rahe hai, meri bhabhi toh busy hai apni aai ke saath cash envelopes dekhne me, tere dost sab nashta kar rahe hai, aur khair Sameer ka toh kya hi bolu main, woh toh pujan ke baad se saari ladkiyon se hi ghira hua hain."

Naina tightened her jaw, wondering how someone can be so shameless despite earning only insults and taunting remarks in response? She raised her calm eyes and gave a lopsided smile to Tripti who was hoping to see her burning in resentment for her in-laws.

"Agar tujhe itni hi sympathy feel ho rahi hai mere liye toh tu hi saaf kar le saare bartan," Naina said with a sweet smile while running her tongue inside her cheekbones.

"Kar leti but kya haina. I don't like rough hands." Tripti replied dramatically.

"Rough haath nahi pasand lekin rough tongue pasand hai," Naina commented with a playful smile.

Tripti was amused to see her cousin giving back-to-back powerful comebacks to make her feel tongue-tied. She curved her lips for a round shape and said mockingly - "Tu chahe kitna bhi support karle apne sasural walo ko Naina, but you can't deny the fact that they left you alone to wash these dirty vessels like a maid."

Naina blew out a deep breath, stared at the human-snake in utter entertainment, and replied - "I decided to wash vessels, they didn't ask me to do it, and let me clear your misunderstanding. Main apne sasural walo ko support nahi kar rahi hoon, I am just stating the fact jo tere chote dimag ko shayad nahi samjh me aayegi...also. Apnon ke jhootey bartan dhone se koi maid nahi ban jata hai. Get this thing in your mind, shadi ke baad sukhi rahegi."

"Yeh mummiyon ki tarah gyan dena band kar." Tripti looked at her annoyingly.

"Toh tu bhi Fekta Maa ki show ki vamps ki tarah mujhe mere gharwalo ke khilaaf manipulate karne ki koshish mat kar. Yeh ghar mera hai, yeh sasural wale mere hai, aur bahar baitha hua pati bhi mera hai, toh main apne aap dekh lungi kaise mujhe sab manage karna hai." Naina retorted back in a terse tone and started cleaning leftover vessels again, showing her abomination through the thud noise of washed pots and plates.

"Fine, I was just feeling bad for you. Jis ladki ne apne ghar kabhi kaam na kiya ho, woh sasural me do din me aake hi maid ki tarah kaam karne lagi hain. Very Sad Naina, I just hope ki tu kahin Savitri aunty ki tarah ek undignified housewife ban kar na reh jaye." Tripti said with a lopsided smile and walked away after doing her part of the work of provoking Naina against her in-laws' and oh-so-loving husband.