• Divine Fragrance •

"Tumhare gharwalo ne tumhe aane de diya?" Sameer couldn't resist the urge of asking a playful question while dropping his laptop bag on the sofa. 

"Baba trip pe gaye hai apne doston ke saath, aur Dada ko bina bataye aayi hoon," Naina informed her man, settling her natural delicate hair with her fingers.

"Shukar hai, warna toh sidhe agle saal milte hum." Sameer chuckled and plopped his body on the sofa.

"Maybe yes." She giggled at him.

"Ab waha kyu khadi ho, aake baitho." He extended his hand with a sulking expression, and Naina gave in, sitting next to her husband with grace in her posture.

"Aai kaha hai?" Sameer asked her as he didn't want to get caught by his mother while romancing his dear wife.

"Woh apni Aatya ke ghar rehne gayi hai, kal shaam ko aayegi," Naina said normally only to inspire a naughty smile on his face.

"Kya baat hai, matlab hum dono akele hai aaj?" He said or rather told himself with an exuberant grin.

"Ji, jake fresh ho jao, I will make rotis." She replied to him with a sweet smile.

"Aaj roti hai?" Sameer frowned at his wife's changed behavior, wondering since when she began to eat homemade food.

"Haa, kyuki kal main pura din bahar ka khane wali hu after a long time, isliye aaj roti sabzi khaugi like a good girl." Naina beamed at the prospect of stuffing her tummy with her preferred junkies and chocolates.

"Oh acha, chalo theek hai, main jaldi se fresh hoke aata hoon aur phir tumhe roti roast kar ke de dunga," Sameer suggested.

"Koi zarurat nahin hain, take rest, I'll do everything," Naina warned her man with a strict countenance.

Sameer didn't say anything and kept mum for the time being, going inside the room to freshen up. Naina walked to the kitchen and made small dough balls, later taking a spoonful of cabbage and green peas sabzi to check the taste lacking salt and a little amount of red chili powder. She sprinkled the needful over the cooked veggies and was satisfied now.

Naina sprayed flour on the flattened steel object and put the dough ball in the middle, making an unshaped circle by using the wooden brown rolling pin. She saw her husband pouring drops of ghee on the tawa, and a frown immediately etched on her face.

"Tum kyu aaye yahan?" She asked him with a raised quizzical eyebrow.

"Tumhari Help Karne," Sameer said normally and placed the triangle of uncooked dough on the tawa, roasting it gently from all the corners like a professional chef.

"Arey sirf itni si toh rotiyan banani thi," Naina said or more like complaining.

"Tum chup chap apna kaam karo aur mujhe apna karna karne do." He cautioned her with stubbornness framing his rejuvenated face, and she sighed, resuming her work of making a chapati.

"How was your day?" Sameer asked her while baking the roti.

"It was good, aaj ek couple aaye the, they want a lavish wedding at Taj Faluknama, toh usi ka plan kar rahe the hum. The boy is Punjabi, and the girl is Bengali, so dono ke caste ke according wedding theme set karna padega." Patting the dough on the steel board. Naina talked about her work with an animated smile while running the rolling pin gently on the sides.

"That's great, toh deal done huwi?" Sameer asked her with a sweet smile.

"Haa, they have signed the contract, hopefully, the wedding will turn out to be one of our best works...because jaha shadi hai woh bahut hi beautiful aur expensive place hai, aur waha ka decor bhi ekdum rich honewala hai. So I am quite excited." Naina looked at her husband for a moment with a bright smile and handed over the thin flat round bread to her husband.