• Irrelevant Fears •

Sameer was more than delighted when he found his favorite scrumptious Aloo Ki Sabji and four Rotis packed in the steel tiffin with a good amount of rice and lentils mixed in another container, a few coriander leaves garnished over them. He inhaled a deep breath with a contented smile on his lips, thanking goddess Naina for making his most-loved food for lunch -- she has indeed learned to make tasty meals and snacks without adding extra salt and peppers. In these years his pretty wife fed his stomach with lots of delicious food and sweet dishes to speedily gain his weight and shape his tummy into a round big one.

He was about to take a bite of the appetizing sabji, when a young lady, decked in a plain white t-shirt and high-bottom denim, with her hair neatly tied in a ponytail, holding a file in her hands barged into his cabin without bothering to knock on the door or ask for his permission, peering at his oh-so-good-looking sitting posture with soft eyes. He quickly lifted his gaze at her with rage consuming his sanity as he never fancy those people who are ethically careless and doesn't give a damn about someone's privacy.

"Aap knock kar sakti thi aane se pehle." Sameer taunted her in a sharp tone, putting the lid over the container when he sensed her gaze lingering over his lip-smacking lunch.

"I am sorry sir." The lady apologized to him in a meek tone, however, she did not really feel guilty for invading his privacy. It was Lunchtime now and every employee was busy having their food and simultaneously talking about the work lined up for them. She escaped from their sight on the pretext of going to the washroom and picked up a rough file from the desk before hurrying to meet the man -- living in her heart.

"Any important news?" Sameer asked her calmly while casually rolling the sleeves to his bare elbows, flexing his muscles and veins by placing his clasped hands on the desk and watching her stammer to speak. He was aware of her nervousness in his presence. She looks very timid and awkward around him or while answering him, but it doesn't concern him in any way. She was appointed as his junior five months ago and should maintain a professional relationship with him instead of allowing not-so-appreciative thoughts to occupy her mind.

He would prefer decency in the office.

"Yes, there is a meeting with the development team to take care of all the technical aspects of our new project." The lady apprised him in a soft voice, however, the pretty awful looks she was giving to him were testing his patience.

"At what time?" Sameer asked her in a firm voice, really not enjoying the way this woman was trying to unintentionally make him feel uncomfortable. If she found him good-looking for her eyesight she should keep it to herself. There is no need to showcase her budding attraction and affection for him through her shy smile, watchful gaze at him, and purposeful trips to his cabin -- to have a glimpse of his appearance. It was damn disappointing and exasperating.

"After Lunch." The lady said meekly, eyeing his two-day-old beard having a mark of mild yellow paint.

"Ok." Sameer gently signalled her to spare him for the love of god and quietly have her lunch. He wasn't able to believe someone's constant stare at his facial features would be so intimidating for his delicate heart -- he nearly had to act rude and cold to avoid her and make her understand that whatever she was doing or was trying to do wasn't appropriate at all.

"Yeh aapke beard me yellow paint laga hua hai?" She asked him with a restrained smile, wanting to go ahead and remove the dried liquid off his stubble.

Sameer inadvertently touched the lower side of his chin and felt soft particles of yellow color falling on the desk, reminding him of Enaika. He broke into a bright smile recalling the morning's adventure with his beloved daughter -- The seldom-seen real smile on his face stealing the lady's heart and stroking her skin with a beautiful hue of light pink.