• Waada Raha •

"Kal ka kya plan hai?" Radhika asked everyone with an excited smile.

"Humka peeni hai peeni hai humka peeni hai." Anshuman sang a song with an enthusiastic smile while curving his fingers for a beer mug shape, and Naina glowered at her brother-in-law for having a crazy obsession with alcohol.

"Bilkul bhi nahi." She said tersely, canceling his plan.

"Arey bhabhi, tum nahi peeti toh kya hum bhi na peeye?" He asked her like a baby while pouting in glum.

"Oho ho ho, dekho toh kaisi bholi shakal bana ke mujhe emotionally blackmail karne ki koshish kar raha hai." Naina mocked her overdramatic brother-in-law with a sarcastic smile and lightly slapped his wrist.

"I am just requesting you. I promise we won't over drink." Anshuman said with a cute smile.

"Behen tu kuch bolna." Naina veered her frustrated gaze at Anjali.

"Main kya bolu? Main toh khud peeti hoon." Anjali couldn't help but giggle.

"Fine, kal ki kal dekhege, hum dono ko subah toh office jana hain, shaam ko ghar aayege uske baad dekhege agar kuch plan bana toh," Naina announced after bargaining with the stubborn-headed Anshuman regarding the alcohol party, and he almost jumped out of sheer zest.

"It's past 5 am, chale ghar?" Sameer asked his wife in a soft voice.

"Thodi der baad jayege na." She requested, and as expected he didn't deny, obediently bobbing his head.

"Waise as promised I didn't bother you both during the honeymoon period," Anjali told her brother-in-law with a prideful smile.

"Oh haa, thank you my dear saali sahiba, lekin maine aisa bhi nahin kaha tha ki ek call bhi mat karna itne dinon me," Sameer said or rather taunted the journalist girl in a derisive tone, and she visibly glared at him in rage, pursing her lips while thinking of any good excuse to save herself from her friend's upcoming scoldings.

"Dost se pyar hoga toh call karegi na." Naina looked at her grumpily.

"Abey, tu instagram pe ek reel ka toh do din baad reply deti thi, aur aayi badi call na karne par taane dene wali. Itna hi tujhe pyaar hai toh tu kar deti na." Anjali retorted back, placing her hand on either side of her waist, shooting pebbles at her schoolmate for taunting her.

"Dekha dekha tum sabne, ek toh yeh khud ki galti maan ni nahi rahi, aur upar se mujhe blame kar rahi hai," Naina said with a furious expression, and the rest of the people exchanged looks of amusement.

"Koni shuru kela pahila? Kon bolela taunt marayla?" Anjali asked her in a demanding, authoritative tone.

(Shuruaat kisne ki? Kisne kaha tha taunt maarne?)

"Haww, teko Marathi kisne sikhayi?" Naina was surprised to know that her schoolmate could speak fluent Marathi.

"Mujhe saari language aati hai beta ji. Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil, Bengali, French." Anjali flaunted her exceptional skills with a haughty expression, and Naina was tempted to get a compliment in a different language.

"Bengali me meri tareef karna zara." She asked her enthusiastically.

"Tumi onek kharap, duniya te tomar cheye useless r selfish r keo nai." Anjali fulfilled her friend's wish with a loving smile on her face, and Naina furrowed her eyebrows in perplexity, unable to feel happy with the Bengali words she chose to appreciate her. God knows why it felt like the journalist girl had insulted her rather than complimenting her goodness.