• Expensive Thoughts •

"Ab sirf yahan khade reh kar baatein hi karni hai ya phir dinner bhi kar lein?" Naina asked him with a cute-playful smile as rats were running hysterically inside her stomach for staying hungry for a longer period than usual.

"Oh sorry, wait, I'll just get fresh up." Sameer was about to turn to the wardrobe to take out his night t-shirt, but his wife was quick enough to hold his hand, shaking her head for no and requesting him - "Bahut time jayega usme, jaane do, I can't wait now to have food and to be honest. You're looking so hot in this white shirt, sweetheart, so let it be."

"Sweetheart?" Sameer repeated her words in pure amazement, smiling.

"Hmm, chalo ab." Naina dragged him to the bed, making him sit like a good boy, and then walked to the nearest table to pick up the food bowls and reheat them as they must be as cold as Manali-Himachal at this time.

"Main kar dunga." He stood up again, insisting on joining his wife in the kitchen to assist her with the reheating work, but she strictly prohibited him from following her through her kohl eyes, knowing well how good he was at teasing her self-control by kissing her neck or lips, and she was damn hungry right now that if she wouldn't get dinner in a few minutes she would end up eating his skin like a vampire, and he wouldn't look good with swollen lips and cheeks to their families and friends. Better, she does the needful herself without taking his help.

Wait! What do we call Female Vampires?

Naina thought about the question which disturbed her peace, so instead of opening the door of the microwave she opened the refrigerator to reheat the food and slipped the bowls and plates inside it. A few seconds passed by when suddenly her eyes lowered to the freezer section, and she gasped, quickly pulling out the homemade food while cursing her absentmindedness. It was her luck that she realized her error early or else they'd have to sleep tonight by stuffing chips and chocolates.

After reheating the food. Naina made a trip to her bedroom, finding her husband playing with the rose petals in sheer ebullience. A smile graced her pink lips at this sight and she said amusingly while knocking on the door - "May I come in, Sameer sir?"

"Yes, Choti's Mumma." He grinned, standing up to take the bowls and plates from her delicate hands.

As they sat on the bed to relish the food. Sameer dragged away the ceramic white lid and was surprised to see nicely cooked lentils with coriander leaves sprinkled over them. He unopened another bowl covered with a transparent skin vessel and found jeera rice with the proper amount of cumin seeds and oil this time. It baffled him truly to know his wife took the burden of cooking on their special occasion. She could have ordered food from any fancy or local restaurant to save her time and energy, but no. She didn't order anything online and decided to make desi khana herself.

"Gulab jamun bhi tumne banaya hai?" After inhaling the heavenly fragrance of Indian sweet decorated with dry fruits and saffron. Sameer couldn't help but ask his wife with a shocked face.

"Round round maine banaya hai, fry bhi maine kiya hai, but readymade mixture ka box tha. Instant wala aata haina." Naina replied to him honestly, giving a cute smile.

"Oh, acha, phir bhi gol shape toh tumne banaya haina woh bhi itne perfectly. I am proud of you Sacchi." Sameer picked up an imperfectly shaped confectionery and pressed it between his thumb and forefinger, allowing the wetness of sugar syrup to fall into the bowl. He slid the Mithai inside his mouth and couldn't stop moaning out of enthusiasm and delight.

"Yaar yeh toh tujhse bhi zyada soft hain." He commented funnily, his mouth loaded with the unchewed ball.

Naina blushed at his naughty remark, playfully slapping his wrist, and Sameer was savoring the heavenly dessert residing in his mouth.