• Uljhan •

"Wow, it's yummy." When Naina fed a small slice of chocolate cake to her nephew, he couldn't help but comment enthusiastically.

"Really? Is it nice? Soft?" She asked him with an apprehensive expression as she couldn't believe her baking skills.

"Yes Maami, it's very tasty and spongy," Shivyan said honestly, relishing the rich cocoa powder taste blended with vanilla in utter joy.

"Toh ab yeh pura slice jaldi jaldi finish karo." Naina smiled at the little boy, feeding him with love in her eyes, her fingers placed under his chin as she didn't want his skin to get dirty because of the chocolate stain.

"Ek slice kya I can eat pura ka pura cake," Shivyan said with a bright smile caressing his face, and his aunt playfully smacked his head, fondly stroking his dry hair locks.

"Haa aap hi khatam kar lena pura, mama ko thodi cravings hoti hai sweet ki." Sameer's offended expression came into their line of vision, and the duo looked at him amusingly, stifling their goofy smiles.

"Mama ki cravings puri karne ke liye haina yeh maami." Naina replied to him with a lopsided smile, her mischievous eyes pinned to his disgruntled ones, but in no time his vexed face switched into embarrassment when he acknowledged the double meaning of her words.

"Baccho ke saamne aisi baatein Naina? Kaha gaya tumhara woh rule?" Sameer asked her with a raised eyebrow and flared nose.

"Maine aisa kuch nahi kaha hai jo baccho ke saamne na bol saku. Main hi bana ke deti hoon na sab kuch tumhe, ki koi bahar se aata hai chef." Naina rephrased her sentence, giving an innocent smile.

"Sahi hai, acha bewakoof bana leti ho tum." Sameer said sarcastically.

"Bewakoof ko bewakoof banane me waise bhi kaha time lagta hai?" Naina replied to him with a tight-lipped smile, shifting her gaze at her nephew to feed him again.

"Shut up." He glowered at her, sitting next to delighted Shivyan.

Naina continued satisfying the young boy with the chocolate cake she specially baked for him to fix his upset mood, and Shivyan felt happiness hugging him after a long time.

All credit goes to his loving, caring, and kind Mama's wife --> his Maami, his best friend from now.

He hadn't been feeling joyful nowadays because of the difference in his parents' and grandparents' attitudes.

Making him feel like he isn't a part of their family anymore.

As if Shivika is the only child in the entire house and his existence suddenly isn't noticeable to them.

He wasn't blaming his Aatya --> Tripti, because she has recently got engaged and is busy with her new life.

But his own people whom he relied on the most were avoiding him and forcing him to feel exasperated.

Shivyan blew out a slow breath, finishing the last piece of choco-choco cake with a big smile.

"Are you happy now?" Keeping aside the empty bowl of dessert. Naina asked him in a soft voice while cupping his tender chin.

Sameer stared at the duo attentively, eager to know what was tormenting his ever-so-cheerful nephew.

"Yes, thank you so much maami, you're the best." Shivyan hugged her tightly, buoyancy visible on his face, and Naina pecked his forehead, patting his back with her left hand.

Sameer would lie if he said he didn't feel envious of his own nephew who was hugging his dear wife so firmly as if she was a soft toy and not a damn human.