• Laal Chudiyaan •

"Your driving skills are improving, good." Sir Kaushik patted his student's shoulder with a sweet smile.

"Thank You," Sameer replied to him in a soft voice, exhaling a deep breath as for the last two months he had been learning how to drive on weekends, plus he had zero knowledge about Cars and their handling system. So It took him longer than expected to become excellent and professional.

"Waise suddenly tumhe is age me car seekhne ka khayal kaise aaya? I mean you'll be 29 this year, right?" Sir Kaushik looked at the young man with curious eyes and a small smile, and Sameer nodded his head for yes. The middle-aged man hummed, adding - "Usually mere paas college students hi aate hai driving seekhne, toh main thoda sa curious hoon jaanne ke liye."

"Actually sir." Sameer began to speak, stopping as he smiled adorably, revealing his motive behind learning to drive - "Meri wife ka birthday aa raha hai next month and I want to gift her a car, aur use surprise dena hai. She doesn't know ki main secretly yaha aata hoon driving sikhne. Itne saal financial condition stable nahi thi toh car khareed ne ka khayal aaya bhi nahi mind me, but now I am stable. Toh socha le lun."

And his beautiful thoughts for his wife made Sir Kaushik feel delighted.

"That's nice, accha laga yeh sun kar ki tum apni wife se itna pyaar karte ho, you know, nowadays it's not often seen ki husband wife ek dusre ko surprise dene ke liye secretly kuch plan kar rahe hai. Dekho, decoration wagera is normal I think but jo tum kar rahe ho woh unique hai...and I am impressed." The middle-aged man praised his student's thinking with a bright and natural smile on his lips, staring at him in contentment.

"Thank You so much. Can we start again?" Sameer asked him in a soft voice and he positively nodded his head, guiding him further.

Watching Naina drive the car a million times in all these years had given a vague idea to Sameer about a few things that are necessary to learn skillfully.

By 8:45 PM. He completed his classes, and while driving back home he spotted an old lady selling glass bangles on the road, grabbing his attention instantly. He halted his bike at some distance, walking to the woman who regarded him with a sweet smile.

"Aaji, mujhe red color ki chudiyaan dikhao na." Sameer asked her in a soft voice, and the lady nodded her head, picking up the white box from the left side which had delicate glass bangles made with love.

Sameer intently scanned the Laal Chudiyaan with a small smile playing on his lips, bringing out his phone from the side pocket to check something important. He went through a couple of pictures of Naina and realized she didn't have such a Pure Red pair of bangles in her jewelry collection.

He loved the simple design of bangles.

It will look beautiful on her sleek wrists.

But he wasn't sure if Naina would love wearing such a plain pattern ornament on her skin because she always preferred elegant accessories.

And this one was purely ordinary.

Nothing new and special.

But still, it captured his heart and he couldn't help but buy them for his wife.

"Kitne ke hai?" Sameer asked the lady who was in her late sixties, and she replied - "300/- ke 12 beta."

He smiled, fishing out his wallet which had HER photograph on the front side, and drew out Indian currency notes for the old woman.

Bargaining with road vendors was never on his list and he wouldn't even do that.

Because these people aren't financially stable, they need money to run their house, to pay fees for their children's education, to feed their stomachs with a proper meal, and selling products for the walking-by humans is their necessity not willingness.