• Mujhe Haq Hai •

Shutting the door after a long fun chitchat. Sameer turned back to look at his wife shyly smiling at him, fidgeting with her engagement ring. She gently blinked her mesmerizing warm brown eyes while taking short breaths, her pink lips curled, pulling him towards her petite frame like a magnet. He put a long shiny wisp of her hair behind her left ear, his slow smile deepening bit by bit while adoring the pretty girl he always wanted for himself, asking - "Nervous?"

"Very Much." It came out as a breathy whisper with a tinge of dusk pink dancing on her malleable skin.

"Me too." He cutely giggled, lifting his right arm to wrap around her back, carefully bringing her closer to his chest with a feeling of ecstasy.

"One year." She exclaimed with shock visible in her overwhelmed tone.

"365 days," Sameer said in a hushed tone, his fingers vanishing the creases of her floral magenta dress.

"Meri calculation itni acchi nahi hai, isliye ab kitne seconds saath guzare hai woh nahi count kar paugi." Naina's playful comment caused a wide smile to break on his lips.

"Yaar mujhe goosebumps feel ho rahe hai." His tone was filled with pure nervousness while moistening his dry lips time and again, recalling the day of his wedding when he had the same anxiety budding inside his heart for desperately waiting for his Beautiful Bride. He was continuously looking at the doorway like a restless child while chewing his thumbnail and irritating the poor priest who was expecting his sincere attention and concentration in the ongoing Pooja, but who would tell the story behind his puppy face, clueless eyes, hopeful stares and glances, and weird-funny lips movements to form pouts.

"Oh meri jaan relax, I haven't even done anything yet aur tumhe goosebumps bhi aa gaye?" Naina joked to help him feel relaxed, and Sameer playfully smacked her head.

"Pata hai woh din main subah subah teen baar washroom jake aaya, phir ready hoke pooja me baitha. Itni bechaini ho rahi thi mujhe, mera blood pressure upar niche ho raha tha. I was sure agar tum aur paanch minute lagati na aane me. Main wahi tension ke mare behosh ho jata." Sameer said with a cute smile while caressing her lustrous hair, keeping his chin on her head.

Naina couldn't resist softly laughing at her tall husband's sad tale which sounded funny and cute to hear. She can imagine his helpless expression, blooming stress dancing on his perspiring face, and obvious yearning to see her as His Khubsurat Dulhan shining in his black eyes and make her his wife as soon as possible to avoid fainting out of extreme mental exertion and pressure. This overwhelmed feeling and restlessness she experienced too along with countless questions, self-doubts, frantic heartbeats, insecurities, and confusions enveloping her self. She was fasting on her marriage day which didn't allow her to eat or drink anything or else she would have consumed a truck of water in sheer uneasiness.

"Socho hum love marriage walo ka itna bura haal tha toh bechare arrange marriage walo ka kya hota hoga? Woh log toh ek dusre ko sahi se jante bhi nahi hote hain." She looked back at him with a lighthearted chuckle unleashing from her mouth, but he didn't want to even visualize the terrible situation he would have put himself into if his luck knotted him with someone else than Naina.

Thank God he was lucky enough to get married to the love of his life.

"I don't want to think about something I know will never happen with us," Sameer said firmly and saw his wife cosily beaming at him while stroking his midnight dark stubble with tenderness embracing his heart.

Naina stayed in his soothing arms for around five minutes until a sharp pang of realization shuddered her calm being and she started to breathe heavily against his chest, causing him to instantly look down at her with a puzzled expression. She was fine a minute ago but now she seemed unsettled, an unknown discomfort appeared on her sweating visage, and her eyes didn't try looking into his mystified ones to show him the mammoth emotions and turmoil she was going through at this moment. He gently cupped her chin and asked her - "What happened Jaan?"