• Qurbani •

Chasing Abhinav like a bull with a hastened pace. Sameer reached the parking garage where he was seen desperately trying to unlock his car, and he ran to ask him softly - "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, let me go," Abhinav said in a low voice, pressing on the small device to open the car's door.

"Kuch toh hua hai tumhe." Sameer guessed by his uncanny body language, trying to know if he said something offensive and hurtful while questioning.

Sighing. Abhinav stopped pretending to be busy, turning back to look at the agitated tall boy. He sewed his eyes and said in a meek tone - "Let's not talk about Naina?"

"Are you fine?" Sensing discomfort in his eyes. Sameer rested his hand on Abhinav's shoulder, asking him in a concerned tone.

He slightly nodded his head, drawing out a box of harmful product and a lighter as well, glancing at the tall man before igniting the slim stick - "Hmm, cigarette?"

Sameer politely declined his offer, saying with a small smile - "No, I have quit smoking. Naina ko nahi pasand."

His statement immediately froze Abhinav's movements, his pale eyes peering at the thin-unhealthy narrow ciggy pressed between his thumb and forefinger, and the next moment the cigarette was thrown away along with the unused box, bewildering Sameer to a deep extent. He furrowed his eyebrows as he queried - "Tumne kyu fek di cigarette?"

"Kuch sawalon ke jawab na doon main toh hi acha hoga hum dono ke liye." Abhinav said with a solemn smile, raking a quick hand through his gelled-up pitch-black hair.

"Acha, I am sorry agar tumhe mere sawal ajeeb lage ho toh, to be honest. I came here to confess." Sameer spoke sincerely while wetting his lips.

"Go ahead." The man in a white shirt beckoned him to speak without wasting their time and feeling nervous.

Sameer took a deep breath, expressing his inner turmoil in a frail voice - Tumhare aane se mujhe insecurities hone lagi hai phir se. I know it's wrong, but I have no control over my emotions and anger. Meri wajah se Naina bahut hurt hui hai, I feel so guilty, par main bhi kya karu...tum..."

Abhinav was real quick to interrupt his remorse-filled speech and ask him amusingly - "Wait a second, tumhe mere aane se kyu insecurities ho rahi hai? Don't you trust your wife?"

Sameer vehemently shook his head, refusing to accept the pointless accusation imposed on him, and said - "I do, very much, but I don't trust..."

He was stopped again by Abhinav, who asked him with a lopsided smile - "Me, haina?"

"No, it's not like that." Sameer tried to decline his self-assertion, although his uneasy stance cleared the latter's remaining doubt.

Abhinav gave a reassuring smile, saying gently - "Chill, tumhe hesitate karne ki zarurat nahi hai. I understand, tumhari jagah agar main hota toh mera bhi reaction same hota. But can I tell you something?"

"Haa?" Sameer stared at him curiously, clamping his moist lips.

Abhinav stood comfortably against his classic shiny jet-black car's bonnet, his brawny arms crossed around his chest as he said in a tender voice - "Don't fight with Naina because of me. Main yaha nahi rehne wala hoon permanently, in fact, shayad main India aauga bhi nahi iske baad, kyuki mera sab kuch wahi settled hai, business, family, everything."

His reply curious Sameer to know if he wasn't a bachelor anymore, asking him with a pointed raised eyebrow - "Oh, are you married?"

"Lol, nah bro, I am not married, and I don't even want to get married." Abhinav quickly washed away the tall boy's uncertainties, giving a painfully strong smile to look fine, but his insides were broken thoroughly, filling every inch of his body with unbearable torment, anguish, angst, and anger.