• Homecoming •

Naina loosened her grip on Sameer's hand after he betrayed her plan to not tell Prashant anything, looking at him with disappointment clouding her orbs.

And he suddenly felt deprived of her warmth and comfort, experiencing a lack of confidence, but he couldn't even force her to hold his hand to give him strength which he felt missing inside his body while being inspected by the hot-blooded man.

Drawing out a deep breath. Sameer started to speak, describing every part of the story except the one where she decided to leave their house for more than a week. His voice was trembling while speaking and his nervousness could be seen on his sweating body, his heartbeat dropping to zero when Prashant regarded him with a repulsive look.

The hot-blooded doctor clenched his fists the moment Sameer finished telling him the bitter incident his sister tried hiding from him, and his blood was searing now, turning his ashen face into an abhorrent one for the man who always fights with Naina and makes her cry. He took a step ahead, agonizingly looking into his brother-in-law's eyes while asking him in a heavy voice - "Tum meri behen ko hurt karne ka ek mauka nahi chodte na?"

"Dada, isme sirf Sameer ki galti nahi hai." Naina tried defending her husband in a meek tone.

"Tu chup reh." Prashant glared at his sister through his bloodshot eyes, his teeth quivering in utter fury.

Naina's courage faded when she realized how enraged her brother was at this moment that even her genuine words and statements wouldn't reduce his burning aggression and loathing for Sameer.

"Jo kuch hua woh sirf aur sirf meri wajah se hua. I am responsible for everything." Sameer didn't hesitate to blame himself instead of accusing his wife which surely would have been wrong and unjustifiable. Because she tried every day to control his anger and subside his insecurities regarding Abhinav. She literally gave her best and applied all the possible ways on him to repair his stinging remarks, cynical thoughts, foolish considerations, pointless onslaughts, and sarcastic replies. But he didn't listen to his wife and started to fight with her often despite knowing that she loves him beyond understanding.

"Kehne ki zarurat nahi thi, I already know ki responsible humesha tumhi hote ho meri behen ko rulane ke peeche," Prashant replied to him with a disbelieving smile, his face hardening with harsh mild grey droplets cascading down on his ensanguined countenance, making him look terrifying.

"Uncle aap jaisa soch..." Anshuman was sharply interrupted by the irked doctor, who asked him with a raised eyebrow - "Uncle kaun hai yahan?"

The Punjabi guy didn't have the strength to tell him that he was addressing him as Uncle. He timidly peered at Prashant while struggling to answer him which couldn't hurt his ego and can save him from his unbearable wrath too.

Prashant pressed his lips tighter to express his grimace at Anshuman for wounding and insulting his youthful appearance and corrected him in a strident voice - "Tumhare age ka mera beta nahi hai jo Uncle bol rahe ho. I have a small daughter, and maybe I am younger than you."

And now it was Anshuman's turn to feel offended by the doctor's statement, telling him with a cute pout - "Main toh bacha hoon abhi tak."

"Of course, tum aur tumhara yeh dost Sameer, dono bacche hi ho. Immature." Prashant gritted his teeth at two young boys with danger echoing through his eyes.

"By the way." Swirling his sweltering gaze at his fragile sister. He started to speak but paused to peruse her body language clearly showing how jittery she was, having silent anxiety attacks while sensing his dark rage-filled eyes on her stance.

"Tu gharpe isliye rehne aayi thi na kyuki tera Sameer se jhagda hua tha?" Prashant asked her with a knowing look, now acknowledging why her eyes were looking swollen red as if she wept plentifully the night she came to their place, but she smartly evaded the topic which could have led to a heated bickering and long debate, and fooled him and their father.