• Choti's Mumma •

They kept playing, asking each other mischievous questions to paint the atmosphere with fun and delight, and now once more the bottle stopped before Naina, making her excited.

"Truth or Dare?" Anshuman asked her.

"What should I choose?" Naina turned to look at her husband in confusion as she selected Dare last time like a chivalrous woman, and was left highly embarrassed with her cheeks tinted red as her best friend Sonali gave her a task to kiss Sameer without touching him.

"Truth." He told her confidently.

"Pakka?" She looked at him with a blank face.

"Last time kya hua tha dekha na? Phir se karna hai?" Sameer asked her with a sarcastic expression, and Naina huffed in annoyance.

"I'll choose the truth." She announced, hoping that Anshuman, like a caring brother-in-law, wouldn't ask her something inappropriate or that she couldn't answer in front of them.

"Do you have any secrets?" The Punjabi boy asked his dear sister-in-law with a solemn look and raised eyebrows, gaining everyone's attention and interest.

"Secrets?" Naina repeated his words with nothing but pure amazement on her face, her slow brain trying to remember if she kept anything hidden from Sameer. As far as she could recall they had shared everything in their decade-long relationship, and nothing was kept camouflaged between them for any reason.

"Yes, kuch toh hoga." Anshuman insisted.

Naina glanced at Sonali and Anjali, asking them silently if they could remember any secret that Sameer never heard.

Sonali gestured to her childhood friend through her fingers and eyes about the incident that happened years ago, and it took Naina a few minutes to understand her ISHAARA. She gasped in return, lightly shaking her head for no, meanwhile, Sameer intently looked at his wife, aimlessly wandering her thumb on his finger.

"Pagal hai kya?" Naina chided the lawyer girl in sheer exasperation, and her annoyance curious her husband.

"Aisa bhi kya hai?" Sameer asked her with a tilted head and amused look.

"Something you should definitely know." Sonali gave a Cheshire cat smile to the already baffled man.

"Bata kya baat hai? I want to know." Sameer looked at his wife with urgency written on his visage, and Naina chewed her thumbnail in tension, imagining his reaction after knowing the secret she kept hidden from him for a valid reason.

The suspense grew thicker in the wind when Naina remained quiet, fiddling with her engagement ring in strain. As she peered at her curious husband like a scared baby, she found him looking at her attentively, observing her body language with a raised eyebrow, and she finally exploded a bomb on the humans sitting there who were deprived of this important truth - "actually, I tried Alcohol once."

To say Sameer was shocked would be an understatement as he couldn't believe his saint wife, who swore to never even touch the bottle of alcohol, attempted to drink in his absence, and damn. He didn't even have a clue about it.

What The Hell...

"Yeh kab hua?" He looked at her with shock mirroring his face.

"Jab humara second breakup hua tha." Naina said with a woeful expression, and the new revelation caused everyone to gape at the married couple in utter surprise and bewilderment.

"Ab yeh kab hua?" Anshuman asked no one in particular in confusion.

"Long story, kisi aur din bataugi, for now the only thing I want to say is that Yes. I tried vodka, but not too much." Naina clarified in a babyish tone, almost mortified with the accusing looks she was gaining from the crowd for keeping such a significant thing hidden.