• Darr •

Naina found herself regretting her decision to invite Abhinav to the house opening ceremony and Puja. Despite not sending him the proper address for their new home, Abhinav arrived dressed in traditional and aesthetically pleasing attire, with a warm smile that illuminated his facial features.

His attractive aura demanded everyone's attention and Radhika scrutinized him with baffled eyes, wondering what he was doing here out of nowhere after years?

"Yeh yaha kya kar raha hai?" Sameer's low yet firm voice echoed in her ears, and she started to moisten her lips while trying to think of a credible story to tamp down her husband's rage.

"Maine hi invite kiya tha." Unable to lie. Naina said with anxious eyes.

"Oh! But tumne kaha tha tumhara koi contact nahi hai Abhinav se, phir kaise?" Sameer inquired with a composed demeanor; however, Naina was able to distinguish between tranquility and a restrained outburst, as he was reluctantly suppressing his simmering resentment to avoid any further commotion.

"Baad me bataugi." She replied to him with agitated orbs, and Abhinav was unpleased to see her avoiding him and not welcoming him with a sweet smile on her face.

"Welcome." Sameer stood up to embrace the tall man with a forceful grin on his face, patting his back while clenching his jaw.

"Thank you." Abhinav said politely, handshaking with the young boy as he added further in an elated tone - "Congratulations to you and Naina, bahut acha Ghar hai tum dono ka."

"Thank you so much," Sameer replied to him with tranquil orbs, eyeing his wife who struggled to smile fearlessly under his scorching and unmovable gaze.

"Itne saal dekha nahi tumhe." He questioned the six-foot tower in an amused tone while casually rubbing his thick long stubble.

"Haa, main India me nahi tha. I was in London. Abhi thode din pehle hi aaya hoon." Abhinav answered him with a small smile, his restless eyes continuously shifting at one particular girl feeling awkward and uncomfortable because of him.

"Kyun aaye?" Sameer thought with a disgruntled expression but forced a smile on his unpleasant face and said as normally as he could - "Acha kiya! Sahi time par aaye ekdum...par ab phir se London kab jaana hai? I mean India me hi settled hona hai kya?"

"Nahi, London best hai mere liye, India me jiske liye aaya tha woh toh khair..." Abhinav came to an abrupt halt, his despondent tone and enigmatic words alerting Sameer that he was referring to his wife, Naina. Abhinav confided in Sameer that he had returned to India with the specific intention of winning Naina back. However, he came to the realization too late that his past mistakes had caused irreparable damage to his relationship with the beautiful woman he still loves deeply.

"Bura laga sunke," Sameer said with genuine empathy laced in his voice for the young obsessed guy.

"Kya?" Abhinav asked him curiously.

"Ki tum jiske liye India aaye woh kisi aur ki ban gayi hai ab lifetime ke liye." Sameer articulated his heartfelt statement with sincerity and authenticity, without any modifications or omissions, while gently tapping Abhinav's flushed cheek in a cordial manner. However, both individuals were aware that their encounter did not bring them the contentment and joy they sought, as they were both deeply enamored with the diminutive woman positioned between them, who displayed an unsettled gaze and anxious demeanor.

"Tumhe kaise pata main kis ladki ke liye India aaya hoon?" Eagerness simmered his insides at the young boy's dubious remark and amused eyes, and a salty chuckle slipped through Sameer's mouth.