• Chaand Pe Daag •

"Hi Sweetheart." Tripti's sugar-coated tone brought a wicked smile to Naina's face and she turned to greet her.

"Hi, Darling." She said forcefully.

"Sameer kaha hai?" Tripti asked in amusement.

"Kyu? Kuch zaroori kaam hai tujhe?" Naina raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Nahi...par woh humesha tere saath hi hota haina magnet ki tarah." Tripti couldn't help but mock with a devilish grin on her face.

"Haa ab kya kare, pyaar hi woh itna karta hai mujhse ki ek pal bhi door nahi reh sakta," Naina replied to her with a sugary smile, not exaggerating anything because it was true that her husband cannot live without her even for a moment.

"English me ise clingy lover kehte hai." Tripti corrected her cousin in a calm tone while internally hoping to see her cousin climbing up the staircase of growing anger.

"Aur English me tujh jaise logo ko Vamp kehte hai." Naina snapped back with a broad smile, keeping tranquility as she didn't want Tripti to succeed in her plan of making her feel enraged.

"Kaafi acha joke tha but you can't deny the fact that your husband is clingy. Mujhe aise log bilkul nahi pasand." Tripti said with disgust in her voice, giving a tactful look.

"Haa bahut clingy hai woh isliye toh jab main wedding plan karne ke liye alag alag cities me ek mahine ke liye bhi jati hoon toh woh mere saath nahi aa kar balki mujhe yaha se motivate karta hai taki main apna kaam sahi se kar saku, mujhe meri personal space deta hai, mujhe jaha chahe wahan jane deta hai," Naina replied to her cousin with an innocent smile, directly taunting and demolishing her confidence to claim that Sameer is a clingy and attention-seeker husband.

"Bhagwan kare aisa clingy pati sabko mile. Siwaye tujhe." She added further, honey dripping in her voice, and she lovingly patted her cheek before walking ahead to join her sisters-in-law.

Tripti saw her mother approaching her with disbelief and disappointment on her visage and she deciphered that she heard everything.

"Kab sudhregi tu? Kyu baar baar sameer ke bare me kuch bhi bolti hai? Nahi ki usne tujhse shadi toh nahi ki, usme kaunse pahad toot padha hai. Woh kya duniya ka aakhri ladka nahi hai, itne rishte aa gaye hai tere liye, pasand karle unme se kisi ko bhi aur Sameer aur naina ko pareshan karna band kar." Vasundhara scolded her daughter in a disgruntled tone, flashing her furious eyes at Tripti.

Tripti passed a nonchalant look to her mother, shrugging off her shoulders in dismay. Everyone in her family adores Naina more than her hence when she backstabbed her, revealing her secret relationship with Sameer. Nobody uttered a word and blindly supported her decision with smiles. Even her own brother and mother willingly attended her wedding and danced to their hearts' content as if they were invited to Mukesh Ambani's son's marriage.

"Muh mat bigad, next time phir se maine tujhe naina ko lecture dete hue dekha na toh yaha lana band kar dungi." Warning her careless daughter in a stern voice. Vasundhara walked away, leaving behind sulking Tripti who regarded her mother with a salty look.

• Every woman was gathered in the living room, gossiping and laughing aloud, and kids were running after each other's lives simultaneously giggling in between. Naina curved her lips as she planned a surprise dance performance for tonight and this was the right time to execute it. She turned on the home theatre system, playing a renowned bollywood song, and everyone's gaze twirled to her in an instant.

She stood facing them back, her posture attractive enough to make the women feel intrigued, and soon she lip-synced the starting lyrics - "Maiyan Yashodha, yeh tera kanhaiyan."