• Tumultuous Days •

The next morning had kept Naina on her toes as she was dressing up formally to leave for the trip, her bags packed, tickets stuffed safely in a different pouch along with some important documents, and now she was settling her lustrous cascading tresses, pinning the loose ends with a black pin.

Her husband has been sleeping peacefully without knowing that her trip is scheduled today. She tried telling him several times but he always changed the topic, saying that he didn't want to ruin their Us-Time by thinking about her hectic work life.

Hence she always buried the matter in her heart without any complaints, understanding his emotions.

But now she was afraid of his reaction. He might react aggressively or perhaps calmly.

It solely depended on his mood and she was sure by guessing the tranquil facial expression he had mastered while dozing off that he was expecting her to be here with him the whole day considering it was the weekend --> Saturday and he had a day off at his workplace.

Taking a deep breath. Naina approached his sleeping figure, swallowing hard, and hesitantly sat beside him, weakly brushing her fingers on his black dry hair locks to move them away, staring at him with guilt and affection. She didn't intend to break the beautiful dream he was watching, she could feel it was related to them the way he was smiling unstoppably.

"Good Morning." She leaned down and whispered softly in his left ear, only to feel him being extra warm.

Naina carefully put her palm on his forehead and gasped in an instant, realizing Sameer had a high fever and his skin was burning like a coal, clenching her heart which was so delicate to endure the pain and remorse of leaving her husband sick and travel to a new place for her work.

"Good Morning Jaan," Sameer responded to her greetings a minute later, his voice hoarse, his head shifting on her thigh to find his comfort zone, his extremely warm fingers holding her free hand.

"Sameer, you have a fever," Naina informed him with heaviness in her voice.

"Hmm, theek ho jayega." He said normally, clearly not interested in the boring topic.

"Tum please kuch kha lo main dawai de deti hoon." She insisted, tenderly wandering her right hand on his light stubble, gazing at his unmoved posture with sheer hope.

"Baad me," Sameer replied to her in a drowsy voice, his nose nuzzling with the fabric of her pink shirt, trying to smell the appealing scent she sprayed on her skin.

"Abhi, utho jaldi," Naina demanded in a stern voice, attempting to lift his head and make him sit straight on the bed but she forgot for a moment that she is a weak and powerless person when it comes to her husband's unfathomable might and stubbornness to not budge a little and stay firm in his place.

"No, I am not interested," Sameer said in a finality tone, inhaling and exhaling against her satiny waist. Honestly, he doesn't want to take any medicine unless his wife is closer to him and mollycoddling him. Comforting every sick corner of his body and making him feel soothed, relaxed, calm, and consoled.

"Sameer temperature bahut high hai tumhare fever ka, please let me go and bring you food." Naina uttered, in a low frustrated voice, expressing her concern for his uncalled sickness, adding further to get his acceptance when he looked adamant - "Zyada kuch nahi just one-two biscuits, and tea?"

Connecting his intense eyes with hers for a few seconds. Sameer answered her in a husky voice, his hand reaching up to cup her soft chin and grin at her like a teenage boy - "Trust me. I will be fine by evening. I just need you to be with me." And with this he hugged her from the waist tightly, pressing his feverish nose on her clothed skin to quell the growing warmth and discomfort he was experiencing because of the stupid terrible fever. Naina was disheartened to see how her husband was disregarding the fact that Her Love couldn't heal his shivering and infirmity and was giving no attention to her request. He has to be practical here to quietly have a light breakfast, swallow down a medicine, and take some rest, being emotional wouldn't bring down his temperature at any cost.