• Sincere Promise •

All the eyes turned towards Naina who was blankly twiddling with the phone, visibly disheartened, and Prashant was the first to ask her - "Kya hua? Call rakh diya Sameer ne?"

"Haa, usne sun liya tha na ki pari zid kar rahi hai, so he said we'll talk later," Naina said as normally as her shaky voice could.

"Tum jao na room me, I will manage her," Pranali replied to her sister-in-law with an easy-breezy smile as she could see melancholy on her face, and it might be because she didn't get a chance to talk to her husband.

"Nope not needed, she did the right thing." Prashant told his wife in a stern yet gentle voice, adding further thoughtfully when his sister threw a puzzled glance at him - "Sameer ko toh roz Naina ka pyar aur attention milta hai. Pari ko nahi, she needs her aunt, and I don't think it's wrong to behave a little stubbornly for her aunt's love."

Pranali didn't argue, knowing for the first time in her life her husband had a valid reason behind his statement.

Their daughter needed Naina the most at this point and all her pampering and feathery cuddles.

Naina caged her little queen by tenderly wrapping her arms around her small chest, hugging her from behind, her chin resting on Parisha's shoulder as she contemplated how much has she changed after marriage. Giving no proper time and attention to her niece, who once upon a time used to be her priority. She was doing injustice to the child, she was slowly transforming into a namesake aunt.

"I am so sorry baccha, shadi ke baad zimmedariyon ne mujhe aapse door kar diya. I can't give you enough time, attention, and love." Naina thought with a crestfallen visage while softly kissing her niece's squashy cheek.

They kept watching the emotional, family special movie till 1.30 AM with full concentration, and as soon as everyone returned to their rooms. Naina went to freshen up after texting her husband - "I will call you in fifteen minutes. If you aren't tired and sleepy. We will talk." Which he viewed within a few seconds, giving a thumbs-up.

Getting dressed in a comfortable white cotton suit and baby pink palazzo. Naina tied her lustrous honey-brown hair in a short ponytail, two hair tendrils kissing her cheeks, and walked to the balcony, connecting the call to her husband, which he attended after one ring - "Hi?"

"Hi," Sameer replied normally.

"Soye nahi?" Naina asked him while leaning against the railings.

"Neend nahi aa rahi," Sameer said in a natural tone, strolling through the narrow lane.

"Anxiety feel ho raha hai?" She questioned out of dread as she was aware of his anxiety problems whenever she lived away.

"Nahi." His prompt response soothed her budding tension, but yet she confirmed again - "Pakka?"

Sameer hummed, strolling lazily on the silent street while rubbing his neck - "Hmm, I am fine, neeche aaya hoon."

"Abhi? Kiske liye?" Naina asked him with a frown shining on her forehead as it wasn't an appropriate time for him to roam alone without anyone's company.

That too at such a secluded place.

"Walking ke liye." He said casually, but he knew the reason was different.

"Jhoot mat bolo, batao kyu aaye ho?" She asked him again with firmness overpowering her soft voice, and a loud sigh escaped his lips at his wife's amusing interrogation.

"Aise hi, fresh air lene ko," Sameer said with a small smile, looking around the various shops shut down for hours.

"Ok," Naina uttered, in a low voice, still not convinced by his answer.