• Date Night •

Sameer had been in deep contemplation after meeting Abhinav and learning about his chaste feelings for Naina, having no vicious thoughts and sinful ideas in his mind to snatch her away for his own benefit and contentment.

He was feeling ashamed of himself for hating him and fighting with his wife, ignoring all her words, requests, and assurances.

He shook his head out of annoyance while biting his inner cheeks, an audible sound of boiled milk reaching to his ears to draw him out of his thoughts. He quickly turned off the stove, pouring hot piping coffee into the baby blue mug his wife bought for him. He marched towards the bedroom, sipping on a hot beverage, his eyes lost in the valley of enormous guilt and self-contempt.

Sameer walked to the gallery, serenely gazing at the night beauty, weaving strings of intensity, satisfying silence, and the nerve-chilling breeze grazing his bare skin, making the pleasant outlook from the balcony. He took a large sip of his self-made strong coffee with minimal sugar while counting the luminous stars held together by their own gravity, falling in love with the decent rich silvery lights illuminating the gigantic sky, blowing out a soft, calm breath.

"I wish Naina bhi yaha hoti, saath milkar coffee peete peete baatein karte aur taaron ko dekhte." Sameer said with a gloomy smile, tightening his grip on the ceramic handle to control his weakening self.

His phone beeped with a new message, attracting his attention as he drew out the slim black device from his track pants pocket, unlocking the gadget by typing their dating anniversary and her birth date with a lazy grin. He came across an unread text from his wife, which stated - "Can I call you now if you are free?"

Her unfamiliar words made him experience a twinge of irritation in his heart, promptly contorting his face with rage as he furiously phoned Naina for acting like she was his client or they had a professional relationship and weren't husband and wife. He was impatiently pattering his hand on the railings while taking wild breaths, immensely hurt by her eccentric attitude.

"Hi." Naina greeted him in a soft voice.

"Yeh tumne mujhe itna formal message kyu kiya? Am I your client?" Sameer attacked his wife instead of saying hello and all.

"Arey mujhe laga ki kya pata tum busy ho, isliye pehle message kiya." Naina said casually while strolling around the society compound.

"Really? Aaj se pehle toh mujhe phone karne se pehle tumne kabhi nahi pucha, phir aaj kyu?" Hurt was evident in his heavy-loud voice while asking her, and she stopped moving, listening to his complaint with a crestfallen visage.

"Sameer, jo tum soch rahe ho waisa kuch nahi hai, maine casually pucha tha." She said gently, feeling remorseful for making him feel disappointed.

"Next time puchna mat." He warned her in a stern voice, drinking mildly cold coffee with zero interest. His relaxation was converted into annoyance, and now only her promise to never repeat the grave mistake would affix a small crack in his delicate heart.

"Ok ok, sorry, relax." Naina's gentle words and apology tamped down his fury, and he normally hummed.

"Taiyar ho jao, milne aa raha hoon main." Sameer said or rather commanded her in a slightly excited tone, finishing the coffee in one breath and keeping the empty mug on the round table.

"Abhi?" Naina exclaimed surprisingly when she glanced at her wristwatch --> 9:45 PM.

"Hmm, kitne din tadpaogi mujhey?" He asked her meekly while crafting his lips for a sad pout.

"Aisa nahi hai, it's just I have to converse with the decorators to make the arrangements for the anniversary." She informed him in a soft voice, running her tongue on her upper lip out of nervousness.