• Haqdaar •

Kindly read this chapter before reading "Sharafat - Shararat"

"Kya hua?" Naina asked him with a worried face as she couldn't decipher why just a normal phone call tensed her husband.

Sameer showed her the name of the dialer, and she blinked calmly while parting her lips in response, thinking about how to react to this matter.

"Utha lo." She suggested, a minute later, in a low voice, and her husband disregarded her permission by saying - "Main humari aaj ki raat bigadna nahi chahta."

"Aisa kuch nahi hoga, trust me. Just pick up her call, shayad koi emergency ho?" Naina said thoughtfully while rubbing his shoulder, and her last sentence alarmed him, his thumb quickly reaching out to slide the green button.

Sameer put the call on speaker and uttered, in a soft voice - "Hi."

"Hi, busy the?" Namrata asked him in a meek tone while pacing around the room.

"Hmm, little bit, kuch urgent kaam tha mujhse?" Sameer enquired confusingly, making her feel dismayed.

"Nahi, tumhe wish karna tha, pehle bhi kiya tha, 12 baje, but tumne uthaya nahi," Namrata replied to him with tenderness laced in her mesmerizing voice, and Naina looked away to pretend that she wasn't paying any attention to their ongoing conversation.

It really doesn't bother her anymore.

She wasn't unknown to her husband's endless love for her.

Her insecurities, her scars, her unsettled mind, and her infinite questions regarding his indifferent personality were bandaged with folds of his assurance, soothing smile, and heartwarming words.

"I was with Naina," Sameer said and lied to her too as he saw her missed call at that time but he intentionally didn't call her back.

"Oh! Anyway, Happy Birthday Sameer." Namrata spoke in a hushed tone while feebly staring at herself in the large crystal mirror showing Her the bitter reality with brine pearldrops slipping away from her passionless eyes. She wasn't an unmarried girl who could flirt with her crush, she belonged to someone --> Her Husband, and she couldn't let Sameer's unavoidable charm overpower her subconscious mind.

"Thank you." His warm response skipped her heartbeat, and she fondly smiled at the gentleman on the call for keeping her respect intact in front of her dominating husband irrespective of learning about her true feelings for him.

He could have humiliated her or else blackmailed her for her stupid and Impulsive act out of guilt.

But how can she forget that Sameer isn't an ordinary man but a human made with uncountable emotions, unfathomable respect for females, and never dying love for his wife.

Indeed, Naina is the luckiest girl on this earth to find herself such a gem of a person.

"Naina hogi na sath me," Namrata asked him with a knowing look, her fingers involuntarily toying with the sparkling diamond of her wedding chain.

"Haa, usne terrace par mere birthday ka aur humari dating anniversary ka saara arrangement kiya hai." Sameer couldn't stop praising his wife's commendable efforts and time for embellishing all things within a short period, and he could imagine his friend's disheartened face after listening to him.

"Achi baat hai, tum dono time spend karo ek saath, I'll hang up the call," Namrata said in a heavy voice, quickly ending their conversation.

Sameer glanced at his girl, blinking his impassive eyes at her.