• Namard •

Naina was patiently helping Enaika with finishing the leftover homework given by her teacher, being soft and gentle. It took them nearly an hour to write the correct answers to the easy yet tricky questions printed on the paper. The duo were having a good time together, sharing talks of laughter in between to make the little one feel less stressed and worried. Naina even brought a round bowl of mixed vegetable soup for her queen, blowing air three times on the spoon to cool down the hot flaming before sliding it inside her mouth. Enaika liked the flavor of the sultry beverage, it was tasty and a little sweet too because of the corn.

Naina didn't want to keep her daughter busy with study but then this girl wasn't interested in watching an animated movie or sleeping with her either. She said she had taken enough sleep for today, now she didn't want to sleep even for a moment -- her cute stubbornness reminded her of her childhood when she used to irritate her mother like hell -- Sarita and scamper her wits with her harsh screaming, unbridled tears to gain her sympathy and attention, firm refusal to take healthy food for breakfast/lunch/dinner, and furious big doe eyes to menace her birth-giver for trying to restrict her from playing outside with her friends in a warm sunny day because she's not feeling well and it wasn't suitable for her to burn her body under the sweltering heat.

How time changes everything.

She was a kid back then and now she has a kid of her own.

That too with the same qualities as hers.

Adorable and Stubborn at the same time.

How eccentric it is to accept that once upon a time it was She, in the place of Enaika, doing exactly what this little satan has been doing for years -- sucking her mother's blood, taking the entire house on her head if she wouldn't get whatever she desired for, annoying the life out of her mother with her endless tantrums and naughtiness to play with her kitchen utensils and bathe herself in the wheat flour, only to snigger later.

Her respect for her mother deepened when she entered the phase of motherhood and realized how painful and pleasurable it was at the same moment. On the one side, you want to leave behind everything out of exhaustion, mental exertion, mood swings, the unpleasant dance of hormones, and boredom of living the same lifestyle for years and years, but on the other hand, you would want to give your everything to your child and be the best mother figure to her, to handle her cantankerous mood and placate her with tempting offers, to take good care of her health and make sure she was physically and mentally was strong and fit as a fiddle, to prepare new dishes for her and get a big fat smile in return of your hard work and sweats, to buy her beautiful cute short dresses, eye-catching accessories, and decorate her with a touch up of love.

It seems hard and challenging for a mother to do everything for her child from scratch but it's wonderful and enthusiastic as well, introducing you to the world of merry and delight. You learn lots of things and lessons from your baby, they teach you about the admirable innocence they carry in their teeny-weeny eyes, they teach you about the happiness and bright smile they have on their faces at finding little things such as watching the giant airplane -- looking miniature to the beholder -- fly in the sky, butterfly sitting on a colorful flower, eating a cone of ice cream once in a while, sleeping between parents because they feel safe and happy around them, buying cute stationery items and flaunting about the non-costly fragrant erasers, diversely shaped sharpeners, cartoon designed pencils, small notebooks to scribble anything they want, and tiffin kit, wearing their favorite dress on a special occasion, celebrating a lowkey birthday, receiving tons of return gifts from their friends, enthusiastically playing with kids of their age and patching up the instant if they get into an argument, and there are numerous instances where children act like a sophisticated person with good sense of understanding at a young age, and adults behave like a immature kid, fighting over unnecessary topics to prove themselves right, giving cold shoulder, staying on "No Talking" terms for days, speaking arrogantly in the fit of anger, and seeing their partner or family member as the most toxic and harrassing person in their lives.