• Mehendi Ka Rang •

Naina was comfortably seated on a plush round stool, her hands held out in front of two youngsters, fingers slightly curled as a professional artist carefully applied intricate carvings onto her palms. Despite the hustle and bustle of the surroundings, Naina remained completely focused on the unique designs taking shape on her soft skin, a small smile of contentment gracing her lips.

The sight of her adorned hands brought a twinkle to her husband's eyes, who sat across from her at another table, eagerly observing the young boys who were artfully adorning her lean wrists with beautiful patterns. His eyes sparkled under the bright, luminous sky, and his smile widened with each passing moment as he watched the artists work their magic. It was clear that the process of applying henna was just as enjoyable for him as it was for his wife.

"Madam, aapki shadi nayi nayi hui hai?" The boy in a blue polo neck t-shirt curiously asked his lady customer.

"Nahi, hume toh 6 saal ho jayege next month shadi ko." Naina happily informed the fair-skinned man, glancing at Sameer who blushed while pinning his fist against his mouth.

"6 saal?" He exclaimed, shock written all over his face when he switched his widened eyes between Naina and Sameer -- looking like a newly wedded couple.

"Aap sach keh rahi hai?" The blue-t-shirt man confirmed in an astonished tone, unable to believe that the young-looking man and woman sitting in front of him weren't engaged or married recently.

They have been together for years now.

"Kyun? Meri biwi college ki student lagi tumko?" Sameer couldn't help but tease the artist with a wacky smile, making Naina chuckle.

"Haa sach me, bahut young dikhti hai madam." He said dreamily, shaking his head with a slight nod as he tried to resume his work, although his mind was amazed by the fact that his client had such a beautiful face and youthful smile.

"Aur main kya Buddha dikhta hoon?" Sameer feigned annoyance, glaring at the boy who was endeavoring to charm his wife.

"Nahi bhaiya, aap bhi is umar me kamal ke dikhte hai, bilkul hero ki tarah." The young boy, with his fair skin, dashed over to compliment the fiery husband of the beautiful girl, grinning at him sheepishly, eager to make a good impression.

Sameer let out a deep, hearty laugh as he ruffled his jet-black hair. His eyes sparkled as he looked over at Naina -- His stunning young bride, getting her palms embellished for karwachauth. She sat before him, her lips pursed and her amber eyes glued to his every move.

The boys around them buzzed with excitement as they carefully created intricate, alluring designs on Naina's hands, happy to see her reacting to their every design. As they worked, her palms grew warm and slightly red from the heat of the henna. One of the boys gently took her hand and, with meticulous attention to detail, wrote Sameer's name in between the complex patterns.

Naina's amber eyes widened with delight as she admired the beautiful design, feeling overwhelmed with joy in the presence of her beloved husband.

"Madam ki mehendi hone ke baad mere haath me bhi zara thodi si design bana dena, aur biwi ka naam ache se likhna." Sameer commanded the extrovert boy with a bright toddler-like smile, buoyancy dancing on his face when he caught his wife blushing.

"Aap dono ki love marriage hai kya?" The fair-skinned boy couldn't resist asking the couple in a delightful tone.

"Haan, bahut Purana Pyaar hai mera." Sameer was quick to reply to the curious guy with a cheeky smile, his manly voice filled with nothing but affection and pleasure, amusingly cupping his subtle stubble as he gazed at Naina, mischievously winking at her.