• Pillow Fight •

The ride to the cottage was silent and not entertaining like usual, and AdiKa noticed a singular distance between the lovey-dovey couple. 

Both of them seemed lost and sullen, and somewhere the reason wasn't normal.

They wished each other a gentle Good Night with Radhika hugging her best friend softly before making her way to the cottage room.

Sameer locked the door after entering the room and saw his wife taking off Aditya's jacket with no expression on her face. He found a visible large slit on the back side of the dress which probably would have caused her a lot of absurd comments and criticizing remarks from the crowd had they seen it. But fortunately, that guy helped her with saving her dignity.

"Aai se baat karlo, main aati hoon change kar ke," Naina informed her husband in a soft voice while placing the jacket on the recliner chair, and Sameer nodded his head.

She drew out her outfit for the night and walked to the bathroom, putting on a latch after turning on the shower.

Sameer let out a deep sigh and dialed his mother's number while walking to the adjoined balcony with heavy steps. The call was answered after five rings and he heard the most calming voice with dew in his eyes - "Hi Beta, kaisa hai tu?"

"Main theek hoon aai," Sameer replied to her with a painful smile while staring at the calming seashore which hid the shells.

"Par teri aawaz bahut bhaari lag rahi hai," Savitri asked restlessly as she could sense even from a distance that something wasn't right.

"Aap kuch zyada hi sochti hai, main ekdum theek hoon, aur khush hoon." He assured his panicking mother in a heavy voice and brushed away the drops of tears from the back of his palm.

"Acha, Naina kaha hai?" She questioned.

"Woh fresh hone gayi hai," Sameer said honestly.

"Oh, toh kaisa raha din? Maza aa raha hai wahan?" Savitri asked him normally while staring at the fan.

"Haa bahut, but aapki yaad bhi aa rahi hai," Sameer uttered, in a soft voice, and pressed his thumb and forefinger above his closed eyelids, drenching in the wetness of tears that surrounded him.

"Mujhe bhi, ghar na ekdum khali khali sa lag raha hain, aur Naina ke aane ke baad toh ghar me itni raunak aayi thi, par ab tum dono ke bina mann hi nahi lag raha hai mera yahan." Savitri expressed her feelings with a small-gloomy smile, looking around the four walls which used to resonate with the beautiful music of laughter and giggles of her daughter-in-law.

"Samjh sakta hoon, ek kaam karo shivi tai ko bula lo gharpe jab tak hum nahi aate," Sameer suggested.

"Haa wahi soch rahi thi main bhi, kal subah karugi use phone, agar free hogi toh aa jayegi," Savitri replied with a hopeful expression.

"Aur batao, khana khaya? Medicine li?" Sameer asked the regular questions to his mother.

"Haa beta, aaj thodi late li medicine, warna neend aa jati kabki aur phir meri baat bhi nahi hoti tujhse." She said with a soft smile.

"Acha, ab so jao, bahut raat ho gayi hai, kal subah tai ko call kar lena, take care." He spoke each word with pain growing harder in his voice as he was unable to express what was tormenting him within.

"Tu bhi so jana jaldi, thak gaya hoga, aur Naina ka khayal rakhna. Good Night." Savitri replied to him with a relaxed smile and ended the call once Sameer affirmed her to take care of her daughter-in-law.