• Happy Place •

Naina had been watching her handsome husband skilfully and happily make the cheese-burst pizza while humming a romantic song, and her eyes weren't able to peel off his twisted form intriguing her insides.

She walked out to him slowly, the peaceful tone of her anklets alerting Chef Sameer that his wife was near him, and his heartbeats suddenly turned faster than ever.

He ignored his masculine urge to look back at her casual smile and continued sprinkling chopped capsicum over the thin base of the dough.

"Sameer, I have a question for you." Naina started to speak in a soft yet sensuous voice, sitting on top of the kitchen counter while picking up a small dice of creamy cheese.

"Ask," Sameer replied with distraction evident in his voice.

"What do you want for your birthday?" She asked him excitedly, her gaze locked on his perplexed ones.

"What do you mean? Kya dena chahti ho tum?" He smiled amusingly and raised his eyes at her with naughtiness circling his face.

"Main toh sab kuch de sakti hoon jo tumhe chahiye ho...actually, already bahut kuch de chuki hoon itne saalon me." Naina paused first and then started again in a raspy voice, shifting closer to him.

"Hmm, isliye puch raha hu kya de sakti ho is saal kuch naya?" Sameer said normally while adding cheese dice over veggies.

"Tum mango, possible hua toh mil jayega." She offered, her tone more sexist than ever.

He stopped his movements, staring at the almost embellished unbaked pizza with an unknown smile caressing his young lips.

He looked at his wife's curious expression calmly, and confirmed his doubt in a gentle voice - "Are you sure? I mean kya tum de paogi jo main chahta hoon tumse?"

Naina was slightly caught off-guard with her husband's cryptic questions and apprehensive looks. She swallowed hard as she replied to him casually - "Maine kaha toh, possible hua toh zaroor dungi main."

"Hmm, possible hona na hona tum par depend karta hai meri jaan." Sameer said with a relaxed smile.

"Aisa kya chahiye hai tumhe?" She asked him with widened eyes and parted lips, dread apparent on her face.

He chuckled saltily at her agitated state and eased her budding worries - "Jaane do, kuch nahi chahiye."

"Aise cliffhanger pe baat mat chodo, batao mujhe kya cheez hai woh jo tumhe mujhse chahiye hai." Grabbing his left wrist urgently. Naina demanded to get answers to her queries, and her husband seemed tranquil with a thin line of despondency drawn on his face.

"Jo main chahta hoon woh tum dogi nahi, aur main tumhe force karuga nahi, phir kya faida maang kar?" Sameer replied to her with an acute look, swerving his head at the classic white microwave indicating to him that his pizza was baked and was ready to savor.

"Bacha?" She mumbled confusingly.

He curled his lips in response and hummed positively, carefully bringing out the hot Italian dish.

Naina visibly grimaced at her husband for always talking and thinking about Their Unborn Baby and spoiling her mood with an unwanted topic she didn't wish to talk about.

"Tum ghum phir ke baccho ki baat kyu karte ho humesha? Life me kitni chizein hoti hai, uski baatein karo na." She asked him annoyingly, stepping down on the floor while tightening her jaw.

Sameer let out a deep breath to keep his anger under control and placed the pizza on the white plate, saying - "Bahar jao yeh leke, main aata hoon dusra wala rakh kar."