• Sameer Ki Jaan •

"Sign the documents now." The marriage officer told the couple once every procedure was complete.

Pratiksha and Anmol looked at each other with bright smiles, and all their friends held onto their breaths, staring at the adorable duo in sheer ebullience. Pratiksha was decked traditionally in a pulpy red and peach Maharashtrian saree with minimal Indian ornaments adorning her beautiful dusky skin, and her hands were shaded with the darkest color of henna. She held the thin pen given by the officer and stared at the papers with soft drops of fluid in orbs as she slightly crouched down her head and signed the documents with a never-ending grin on her face. Anmol was intently staring at her appealing signature on the important sheets and his heart was finally at relief as he fulfilled his solemn promise of making her his wife. The promise he made years ago when his girlfriend attempted to end her life. Those days and nights were still fresh like a deep wound in his brain, and he wouldn't ever be able to forget how Pratiksha used to wake up in a jerk after watching horrible nightmares.

He blew out a deep breath, vehemently shaking away his thoughts, and as soon as Pratiksha was done signing the papers. Anmol took the pen from her hand and left a quick signature with a natural beam on his face.

Their friends clapped for them happily with Naina and Anjali trying hard to not start crying, they waited for this moment eagerly since the day Anmol promised Pratiksha in front of them that one day he will undeniably gift her his surname for her entire life. At that time they didn't know if Anmol was solemn about his words or not but today they realized that his love for their schoolmate was pure and selfless. He won her with sincerity, diligence, and determination.

The couple made each other wear the scented garlands once the legal processes were accomplished, and their luminescent smiles were festooning everyone's heart with unadulterated delight. Anmol held the nuptial chain in his hands, staring at Pratiksha with raised eyebrows and twisted lips, probably trying to tell her that she was going to lock herself with a stupidly-best man and now there was no way she would get rid of him. She softly smiled, her beautiful eyes boring into his sparkling ones when he came forward to officially hand over the license of Mrs.Mahajan to the dusky-skin girl.

Being a singer all the love songs were playing in her heart with a mixture of myriad emotions when she acknowledged how wonderful and surreal the feeling is of tying the knot with your favorite human with whom you build up raw dreams, never hoping that one day all those dreams will turn to reality.

It was a great pleasure to see your long-asked wishes getting fulfilled.

Anmol inclined forward, holding the hooks of the nuptial chain with a small smile, his fingers gently brushed with her neck and nape while doing the needful, and Pratiksha pressed her lips tighter, her eyes downcasted in shyness. Their witnesses almost stopped breathing when Anmol finally enclosed the Mangalsutra around her skin simultaneously resting a chaste kiss on her forehead with a beam.

"Yay, congratulations." The girls ran to their best friend to hug her tightly, and Pratiksha couldn't stop smiling.

"Thank you so much." The newly wedded couple said in unison.

"Finally I fulfilled my promise, ab rahat mili," Anmol spoke with a relaxed smile.

"Mujhe bhi," Pratiksha murmured.

"Chalo, tera bhi wicket gir gaya bhai." One of Anmol's friends came forward with a lopsided smile.

"Tera bhi jaldi gir jayega," Anmol said mischievously.

"Mujhe koi jaldi nahi hai." His friend refused as he didn't want to get married and spoil his life.

"Now we're going to Siddhivinayak temple, bhagwan se humari new life ke liye aashirwad lene phir humare fans ke liye live bhi aana hai," Pratiksha informed her friends in a soft voice, and they nodded their heads in response.