• Tamasha •

"Thank God, Naina, tu theek hai yaar." The girls immediately ran to hug the shocked girl, smiling in relief.

And even the boys were at peace after seeing Naina all safe and secure.

But someone was furiously clenching his fists which turned crimson out of extensive resentment, his dark eyes filled with unshed tears, making her realize how hurt he was because of her.

"Tumne toh humari jaan nikal di thi yaar, sach me." Anshuman said softly while chuckling, but soon his serenity was replaced with confusion when he noticed that the oh-so-loving couple were silently looking at each other, the latter one fighting against his uncontrollable fury.

"Isko kya hua?" The punjabi guy asked Satvik and Sagar in perplexity, and the boys keenly stared at Sameer's neutral eyes deprived of happiness and peace.

"Bhai, bhabhi mil gayi hai, ab kyu tension le raha hai." Anshuman said with an easy-breezy smile, although his heart knew his college friend wasn't in a good mood. His facial expressions were proof of how depressed and enraged he was at this moment.

"Ask your bhabhi. Kya kaha tha maine ise jab humne ground me enter kiya tha." Sameer broke the tormenting silence and uttered in a heavy voice while calmly staring at his wife, who couldn't help but descend her guilty gaze at her feet.

"Kya kaha tha?" They asked in curiosity.

Naina blinked her dewy eyes while gulping down the pain she was feeling in her throat for once again hurting him and behaving like a toddler.

She recalled the words her husband said to her when he examined the ground and calculated the people attending the event, and her heart collapsed in the depth of sheer self-resentment and woe.

"Naina tumhe yahi jagah mili thi dandiya khel ne ke liye? For god's sake, itni bheed me agar tum kahi ghum ho gayi toh?"

"Sameer, yahan sirf hum hi thodi hai, dusrey bhi toh aaye haina."

"I don't know about them, but for me, you're so important, and I cannot afford to lose you. Meri Jaan."

"Sameer, relax, hum sab saath me hi rahenge...itne log hai, kuch bhi nahi hoga, and I have a phone too,"

"Jaan, believe me. Kuch nahi hoga mujhe."

"Agar tum ek minute ke liye bhi meri nazron se door gayi na, Naina, toh trust me, I swear. I will not spare you today."

She was brought or rather jolted out of her thoughts by a sharp voice of Sameer roaring in the sultry air - "Jawab do sabko maine kya kaha tha tumsey."

"Yahi ke mujhe khud ka khayal rakhna hai, aur mujhe tumhari nazron se door nahi hona hai kisi bhi kimat par." Naina said in a meek tone, gingerly lifting her soaked eyelashes to look into his disappointed eyes with a silent plea in her watery orbs to forgive her.

"Oh yaar, isme kaunsi badi baat hai. Ho jata hai kabhi kabhi, let it be." Sagar said normally as he doesn't want these people to fight over the petty issue.

"Haa sameer, we have found her safe, itna kaafi hai." Sonali spoke in a soft voice, but she couldn't see calmness in her brother-in-law's menacing eyes. They were throwing deathly glares at mellow Naina, and she was genuinely not liking the way he was treating her.

Sameer vehemently shook his head, disregarding everyone's suggestions and futile tries to tamped down his rage, and said bitterly while grinding his teeth and piercing his furious eyes into her palpating ones - "Tum sabke liye yeh normal baat ho sakti hai, but for me, it's not normal. Yeh humesha ka hai Naina ka, main ise bolta hun dhyan rakhna apna, mujhe inform karna kahi bhi jane se pehle aur yeh hai ki humesha gayab ho jati hai bina mujhe bataye, aur main yaha pagal ki tarah ise dhundta rehta hoon. Yeh teesri baar hua hai aisa, ek baar Ganpati visarjan ke time hua tha jabhi madam apne chappal repair karwane ke liye ruki thi, dusri time jab hum dinner pe gaye the tab yeh bina inform kiye washroom chali gayi thi, aur teesri baar aaj. Jab madam ko kisi special ka phone aaya aur woh nikal gayi."