• Nek Kaam •

"Yeh dance viral toh ho gaya but you know I am afraid," Naina said in a low voice, her fingers wrapping around his brawny arm.

"Afraid of what?" Sameer asked his wife with puzzlement on his face.

"Itne log humara dance dekhege aur kitne log aise hoge jo apni life me khush na ho...toh woh log humari happy life pe nazar lagane ki koshish karege, humse jalenge, humari khushi unse dekhi nahi jayegi." Naina expressed her thoughts in a quivering tone while keeping her gaze on the engagement ring on his finger.

"O God Naina." Sameer let out a soft chuckle, looking at his scared wife in sheer love. He caressed the subtle mole below her hair strand and said - "Kitna door ka sochti ho yaar tum, dekhne do jise dekhna hai, jalne do jise jalna hai, hume unse kya? Tumhari woh cousin Tripti ne kya kam nazar lagayi hogi humare rishte par? Abhinav as well, but see. We're still together and we love each other more than before. So just trust in our love for one another and leave everything to God. Okay?"

The way he cutely consoled her restless heart with a lighthearted grin sparkling on his face made her feel numb for a second with joy surrounding her insecurities and fear. She gave a simple smile, saying - "haa, tum sahi keh rahe ho, itne sare influencers bhi toh roz apne videos laakhon logo ke liye share karte hai but they're happy with each other. Yeh sab nazar wazar kuch nahi hota hai, it's all a myth."

"Exactly baby, if your love is stronger for your partner then no power in this world can apart you from him/her," Sameer said with a thoughtful expression, his right hand holding her soft babyish palm.

"Right, waise yeh do din kab gaye pata hi nahi chala," Naina spoke astonishingly.

"Haa yaar, but aaj ki evening thodi boring thi, it's like agar hum akele kahi bahar jate toh zyada better hota. Us Arnav ne literally mujhe uncomfortable feel karane me koyi kasar nahi chodi thi, and his attitude. I just can't tolerate that man for a second." Sameer said with venom leaking in his voice for Arnav who interrogated him with unanswerable questions and queries.

"I understand, tum bahut upset dikh rahe the when he was proudly flaunting his new apartment. But koi baat nahi na, he is a different man, maybe unki aadat hi yahi ho? I talked about this issue with Namrata. Usne kaha mujhe ki arnav itne bure nahi hai, aur initial meetings me logo ka behavior thoda ajeeb hi hota hai. Not a big deal." Naina said pensively while cuddling with her human-panda, rubbing the tip of her button nose against the cotton half-sleeve of his black t-shirt.

"Tumne Namrata se kuch bura toh nahi kaha na arnav ke bare me?" He turned to ask her in sheer flabbergast.

"No no, I know my limits. I just asked her if she was happy with him and she said Yes, aur baad me usne khud hi kaha ki agar tumhara aur arnav ka comparison karege toh definitely tumhi jeetoge usme. Also, unki arrange marriage hai aur arnav ki upbringing bhi waisi hi hui hai...toh unki fault nahi hai." She answered him truthfully, her eyes not deceiving his trust in her.

"Acha, she is quite mature and sincere," Sameer said with an impressive grin on his lips.

"Indeed, much better than me in every aspect," Naina claimed without hesitancy in her soft tone.

Sameer passed a bewildered expression at his wife's indigestible announcement and asked out of inquisitive - "Why do you think she is better than you?"

"She cooks so well, she is sincere, mature enough to make adjustments, she is innocent, simple, aur kaam se kaam hi baat karti hai. Meri tarah uski chapad chapad nahi hai itni, na panchayati hai." Naina said with a cute smile while holding onto his elbow, staring at him like a small baby, and Sameer slimmed his lips, thinking deeply and amusingly.