• Meri Dhadkan •

"Woh actually..." Sameer started to rub his nape, his tongue running inside his mouth out of nervousness.

Naina attentively looked at her husband, who must be trying to find out an illogical answer to coax her mind. But this time she was prepared to interrogate him like a professional police officer. She wouldn't let go of this golden opportunity of knowing how he had such a detailed report about the Hindi drama. If he doesn't like it then how does he know what's going on in the show and how innocent the heroines are sketched to make the audience feel empathy for them from the bottom of their hearts.

"Aai yeh show dekhti hai dinner karne ke time, toh thoda bahut main bhi sun leta hoon kya keh rahe hote hai sab," Sameer said honestly with a mask of embarrassment on his face.

"Wow, aai bhi yeh show dekhti hain? Matlab ab se jab bhi main gharpe rahugi. We will watch this together." Naina beamed at the prospect of enjoying the daily soap drama with her mother-in-law along with sharing meaningless suggestions and feedback about the current track during ads.

"Ek cheez batao sirf jo usme achi ho?" Sameer asked her annoyingly.

"Sab kuch acha hai," Naina said confidently.

"Sab me sirf ek quality achi bata do, I swear I won't question you again." He spoke with an eager look, and saw her floundering out of lack of knowledge about the enchanting prominent features in the show - "Woh...woh...real hote hai."

"Kya real hota hai? It's useless, koi bhi ladki real life me itni badtameezi karegi toh uske parents use itne pyar se nahi samjhayege. They'll either slap her or lock her in a room, but isme sab kuch unrealistic dikhate hai, they have to earn the title of Mahanta Ki Murat...aur phir last me kahegi woh anupama. Suri Suri Suri." Sameer mimicked the renowned tv actress with a disgruntled expression, and Naina couldn't stop laughing at her infuriated husband's fancy humor.

"God, this Suri Suri Suri stole my heart." She giggled, tears spilling out of her eyes.

He stared at her with disbelief and said - "stop watching yeh rone dhone wala show. Dekhna hai toh mujhe dekho, kitna interesting hoon main."

"Tumhe toh lifetime dekhna hain toh kya karu, dusri chizein dekhna chod doon?" Naina asked him amusingly.

"If possible. Then yes." Sameer said in a throaty voice and leaned ahead to capture the glittering petals owned by his wife, but before he could earn the pleasure of them. They heard the title song of Anupama show echoing on her cell phone.

"Band karo yaar isko." He sulked.

"Sirf 10 minute baki hai ab, baad me karege yeh sab, tum khao jabhi tak." Pushing him away. Naina informed while earnestly watching Vanraj Shah --> the namesake hero who isn't less than an egoistic and rude villain, making fun of his ex-wife without an ounce of guilt on his haughty visage.

Sameer clenched his jaw and shifted away out of anger, glancing at his wife time and again to realize that she literally wasn't paying any heed to his cribbing expression.

What The Hell...

"Chal beta sameer...aise hi akela baitha reh kone me deewar pe lage spiderweb ki tarah. Koi tujhe ek baar mud kar dekhne bhi nahi wala." Sameer started to speak with a dramatic essence in his voice while looking up at heavenwards but got no response from her side. Sighing in peeve, he continued - "koi tujhe nahi manane wala, kisi ko teri fikar nahi hai. Teri yahan izzat utni hi hai jitni plate ki hoti hai khana khane se pehle. You're all alone in this world, buddy, koi nahi hai tera apna."

Naina finally swerved her head at her husband with a pointed expression, silently cautioning him to put tape on his parrot-like mouth before she ends up taking out the feathers of his mischievousness from his skin.