• I Am Sorry •

"Nahi nahi, I'll handle the event, haa okay, just make sure we get the payment soon because I genuinely don't trust that Parekh, his name isn't good in the market but well how could I say no to him?" Naina was currently talking to Kavya on the call, airpods tucked inside her soft ears, and her eyes looking tense and tired.

Sameer gently dropped his office bag on the sofa, staring at his wife with a slow smile, feeling proud to be her husband but sometimes it becomes difficult for him to endure her busy schedule.

Most of the time she's on calls if not working from the office.

Her countless trips to cities every year.

Her worried face if something doesn't happen according to her plans.

Everything disturbs his mental peace and he wishes for nothing but her tranquility and happiness.

Working as a wedding planner for years isn't everyone's cup of tea, but yet his wife was doing it amazingly.

And he was undoubtedly proud of her excellent merits.

Loosening the tie. Sameer started to roll the sleeves of his disheveled cadmium green shirt, approaching her twisted figure as his desire to hug her tightly from behind to vanish his tiredness overpowered his mind, and soon his palms slid around her waist, his lips softly kissing the side of her hot pink cheek which evoked a feeling of burning in his heart at the provocative scent of her roasted coffee perfume with a combination of dark vanilla.

Naina smiled gently in response, instantly tilting back her head to look at his exhausted face after twelve hours. She kept her soft palm on his cheek, lovingly mouthing - "My Baby" and rubbing her nose against his crooked one.

"How are you jaan." Sameer asked her in a hoarse voice, his obsidian eyes intense than the midnight sky.

"I'm good, how are you?" Naina responded to him quickly as the call was on hold.

"Good now." He smiled cutely, his grip becoming firmer on her clothed tummy as he leaned his head on her left shoulder, holding her like a sulky baby who needs his mother's whole attention and love after craving for her the entire day.

"Baby, I'm on a call right now, please take a shower till then, hmm?" Cupping his hairy chin tenderly. Naina tried to cajole her husband in a reluctant tone, but Sameer negatively shook his head, nuzzling his nose all over the stitched fabric of her tyrian purple kurti, insanely obsessed with the brand-new perfume his beautiful wife sprayed on her body.

"What?" A minute went by, when Naina squealed in shock, making him jerk his head at her in utter horror.

"Yeh baat tum mujhe ab bata rahi ho, seriously? It has been a month since we arranged a lavish engagement ceremony for Deshmukhs, and they still haven't paid us the entire amount?" She said or rather reprimanded her teammate in a high-pitched tone, and Sameer blinked his eyes calmly.

"Stop giving me excuses, tumhe mujhe yeh sab pehle batana chahiye tha na. How could you be so irresponsible yaar?" Naina jerked back her husband's hands in sheer resentment while walking towards the balcony, her facial expressions enough to make him comprehend she was extensively miffed at her coworker.

Sameer stared at her furious steps with a blank face, his eyes shining out of unshed teardrops.

Feeling humiliated the way his wife treated him in the fit of anger.

It was new and hard to accept.

Naina has never been rude to him whenever she had extreme workload and payment tension.