• Dil Ke Nazdeek •

"Khubsurat Biwi hone ke bhi kaafi saare nuksaan hai." Sameer commented with a displeased expression while eyeing men drooling over his personal moon with not-so-innocent thoughts mirroring their eyes.

"Jaise ki?" Naina asked him amusingly, buckling her knuckles under her chin as she settled her elbow on the classic round table, excitedly staring at her miffed husband.

"Number one, woh aapse zyada khud ki tareef karti hai."

"Number two, aapse zyada log uski tareef karte hai."

"Number three, aap kahi bhi jao logo ki Nazar sirf usi pe rehti hai jaise ki woh Eid ka Chand ho."

"Number four, aap humesha insecure hi rehte hai unki beauty se kyuki it's very easy for gorgeous girls to attract boys."

"Number five, kabhi bhi bhaag kar jaa sakti hai kisi aur acche handsome ladke ke saath."

"Number six, aapko humesha khud ko presentable dikhana padhta hai taki koyi yeh na kahe. Langoor ke haath me angoor."

"Number seven, khubsurat ladkiyan humesha limelight hoti hai, chahe woh kahi bhi jaye, log use aise milne aate hai, aise ucchal ucchal ke dosti ka haath badhate hai, jaise Madhuri Dixit aayi ho waha."

All the while Sameer was coming up with the logical yet funny cons of having a stunningly attractive wife. Naina was giggling, laughing in between when his charming humor overtook his jealousy. The cute redness on his nose, that adorable anger on his visage while murdering men through his blazing eyes had her entire heart and soul. She couldn't stop bashfully curving her pink-tinted lips, pressing them tight in enthusiasm, and then dropping her delightful gaze at her lap with a soft coat of crimson on her cheeks as she accepted one fascinating fact that her husband was still so obsessed with her even after decades that he can't endure someone looking at her the way he does.

"Tumko hasi aa rahi hai?" Sameer glanced at her with a vexed face before slipping his eyes toward the interior to show his fake anger.

"Aayegi hi na, humesha sabka the centre of attraction rahi ho, kabhi meri jagah reh kar dekho toh samjh aaye kaisa lagta hai jab apni biwi ko mard galat nazron se dekhe." He scoffed at her, peevishly adjusting the cufflinks of his charcoal grey shirt.

Naina broke into an understanding smile, gently enveloping her fingers around his bicep as she dragged her oh-so-super-angry husband closer to hers, his frame looking hunched now as she leaned ahead to whisper in his ear with agonizing intimacy of her breaths churning his insides - "Biwi agar har mard ki nazron se bhi khud ko bacha kar sirf tumhey dekhe...toh khud ko is duniya ka sabse Naseeb War manna, kyuki jahan aaj kal ki duniya me itne saare log hai mere aage peeche, mujhe distract karne ke liye, mujhey temporary khushi dene ke liye, mujhey aaj bhi sirf tumhi chahiye ho. Sirf mere liye, kyuki tumse mera asli ghar hai, meri asli pehchaan hai, mera sukoon hain."

Sameer blushed with a sweetheart smile on his young oily face, swerving his head in her direction to have an intense eye-to-eye communication under the dreamy dim luminescence, offering no regard to the hypercritical public and their not-so-appreciative looks. He admired the velvety shades of love, delight, and divinity overflowing on her visage, replying to her in the same affectionate manner - "Aapke bhi Humsafar ne khud ko har aurat ki buri nazar se Mehfooz rakha hai humesha meri jaan, kyuki aaj bhi main waafadari ki utni hi izzat karta hoon, jitni main tab karta tha jab mujhe aapse pyaar hua tha, Naina." And with that, he rested a feathery kiss on her hairline beautified with a faint shadow of vermillion.

Naina did not doubt his loyalty and undying love for her, which is why despite knowing females in his office admired him and enjoyed working with him for hours -- She never cross-checked his phone, interrogated him, stalked him, and behaved like a typical distrustful wife to make his life miserable and a living hell.