• A Sorry Can't Be Accepted •

When she remained unfazed in her place. Sameer told her jeeringly while dragging the ironed classic crisp white shirt on his sunburned shoulders - "Jao tum apne ghar, aur jitna mann kare reh lena waha."

"You are taunting me na?" Naina asked or rather said in a low voice.

He chuckled humorlessly, steadily buttoning up the round dials, and mocking her with a fake fretful expression, his eyes hurt and his voice swathed with unfathomable pain she was giving him - "No no, meri kaha itni himmat ki main tumhe taunt maru. Dil se keh raha hun, waise bhi tumhe Suffocation ho raha haina humare rishte se. Toh jao phir, reh lo door."

She sucked in a deep breath and moderated her anger, explaining to him calmly - "Maine humare rishte ke liye nahi kaha tha...humari badhti hui misunderstanding ke liye kaha tha. Saath rahege is time pe toh sirf ek dusre ko dekh kar narazgi hogi, uncomfortable feel hoga, pehle ki tarah hum nahi baat kar payege."

Sameer stopped working on his buttons, swerving his head towards her with derision clouding his visage as he asked her amusingly - "Accha, toh tumne sab assume bhi kar liya ki kya kya feel karege hum ek saath reh kar."

"Nice Naina, I am impressed." He added, sneering at his wife for visualizing the destruction of their marriage by presuming unnecessary scenes and their possibilities in her tiny skull.

"Whatever I am doing, I am doing for our betterment. Don't take me wrong." Naina softened her hard voice and said with colorless eyes.

Taking long strides towards her battered frame with fuming cheeks and wrathful eyes. Sameer promptly tugged her right wrist closer to his hysterical heartbeats, gently twisting the delicate skin of hers grasped around his callous fingers to express his rage, saying with a paroxysm of emotions coursing through his capillaries - "I won't, but tum khud humare beech ab dooriyaan laake baat aur bigad dogi. Jab mujhe sabse zyada zarurat hai tumhari aur tumhare pyaar ki, tab tum mujhe chod kar apne ghar jaa rahi ho rehne. Woh bhi ek/do din ke liye nahi, shayad hafton ke liye...tumhen yahan paas reh kar humare beech ke sare gile shikwe mitane chahiye hain. Mujhe samjhana chahiye hai, daant na chahiye hai, gussa karna chahiye hai. Aayi hui museebat se saamna karne ki jagah bhagne se kuch nahi hone wala hai."

"Main bhaag nahi rahi hoon, mujhe bas thoda time chahiye hai." Struggling to free her wrist. Naina said with dewdrops glistening in her wounded eyes.

"Divorce ki planning karney ke liye?" Sameer asked her sarkily, his masculine grip on her sensitive skin causing her nerves to halt for a while, vague redness appearing below her thumb because of his sharpened nails.

"Tum nahi sudhar ne wale, sach me. Main chahe kuch bhi keh doon, kar doon, tumhare yeh ego aur sarcasm ko koi fark nahi padhta." Naina bellowed at her stony-hearted husband for misjudging her once again, untrammelled tears coursing down her puffy cheeks with her soggy eyes displaying the concealed defeat of the heart for not being able to convince him.

"Mujhe agar fark nahi padhta hota na toh aaj hum saath bhi nahi hote." And his answer left her tongue-tied, her round face stained with fresh sobs turning pale.

Breathing out his inner anguish and angst. Sameer's grip softened on her wrist as he spoke with genuine eyes - "Naina, tum jo kar rahi ho ya karne wali ho. It isn't good...humein aise waqt par saath rehne ki zarurat hai, ek dusre ka saath chod ne ki nahi."

"Main nahi reh sakti. Mujhe ghutan ho rahi hai." Naina said with meekness covering her ashen visage.

And now he was seen chortling like a mindless human while looking at her mystified expression with a grim face, his thoughtful reply rendering her zipped-mouth - "Oho, tumhe ghutan ho rahi hai, aur mujhe kya? maza aa raha hai? Just think about me. Tum toh apna mann halka karne ke liye apne mayke jaa sakti ho, but mera toh mayka, sasural sab kuch yeh ghar hi hai. I have no place to go and relax."