• Sahara •

"Naina, kabhi se khadi kyu ho, you should sit comfortably, Jaan." He quickly stood up and made his fragile woman sit on the bed with a bright smile dancing on his face.

Naina gestured to him through her fingers to sit next to her as he seemed to be going out for something.

Sameer readily nodded his head and sat next to his petite girl, his black eyes still drenched with twinkles, and his thick lips shivering now and then in trepidation. He wanted to go out and bring a piece of chocolate to celebrate the good news. He wanted to sweeten her mouth with her favorite dessert, but she looked a bit worried and not exactly a happy girl for an odd reason.

"Sameer, mujhe tumse ek zaroori baat karni hai." Naina came straight to the point instead of waiting for the right time or opportunity. She cannot let fears consume her strength to confidently talk about her problems with his unpredictable behavior.

He has to know that he needs to update his older version which consists of intolerable anger to intimidate her at times, and become the calm and mature Sameer 2.0

She is hopefully waiting to see much-needed improvement in his maturity and modus operandi to resolve fights between them. No doubt he is one of the gentlest men when it comes to forbearing her taunts, weird culinary skills, threatening glares, and insecurities regarding her profession and its advantages and disadvantages.

But, he can handle her only when she is angry and he isn't.

Just a wrong word, and he would be ready with a sharp tongue and sneering reply.

"Sameer, tumne subah ke bare me socha kuch?" Naina asked him in a soft voice, expectantly staring at his confused expression slowly transforming into bitter realization now.

"Naina, woh I know it was my fault, mujhe aise tumhe taunt nahi marna chahiye tha, par woh gusse me nikal gaya." Sameer endeavored to safeguard his biggest flaw -- Red Flag, with soft eyes.

"Tumhe pata bhi hota hai tum gusse me kitne rude ho jate ho? I was almost on the verge of breaking down." Naina's tone instantly turned salty and stern.

"Tum agar mujhe constantly mana karogi saath aane se, baatein bhi chupaogi, toh dimag kharab hi hoga na, Naina," Sameer said as a matter of fact, watching her tightly clench her jaw and furiously clutch the bed sheet.

"Toh matlab tumhe main tumhari wajah se hurt ho rahi hoon us baat se koyi problem nahi hai, Sameer?" She almost cried when the heaviness of pain began to strike her delicate heart.

"Problem nahi hoti toh subah sorry nahi bolta yaar." He replied to her in a stern voice, blowing out a sharp breath while swallowing down his seething anger.

"Sorry bol ke tum humesha mujhse bach nahi sakte, Sameer. Yeh tumhara roz ka hogaya hai, pehle mujhe taane maro, mujhe hurt karo, rulao, yeh feel karwao ki maine koi crime kiya hai, aur baad me aake Sorry keh do, aur main toh pagal hi hoon, I will readily accept your apology." Naina lashed out at her husband for normalizing the fact that he was unintentionally hurting her the most and making her feel like she was giving him no importance and he was inconsequential in her life.

"Tumhe pata bhi hai tum kya bol rahi ho? Matlab, mere sorry ki koyi value nahi hai tumhari life me?" Sameer asked her in a firm voice.

Naina felt a miniature-sized mocking smile breaking on her curled lips when she taunted him in a relaxed tone - "Exactly, laga na bura jab aisa feel hua mere baaton se ki tumhari sorry ki koi value nahi hai meri life me. Aisa hi same feel hota hai mujhe bhi jab tum mujhe accuse karte ho, mujhe yeh feel karwate ho ki main tumhe importance nahi deti aur sirf apne mann ka karti hoon."

Sameer punched his fist against his forehead while furiously shutting his searing eyes to restrain berating her for ruining such a special moment in their lives by bringing up an insignificant topic between them. They could have discussed this later as well, there was no need to argue over a matter which meant nothing to him at this point. But this woman wanted to pause his momentary happiness and test his patience, so be it -- Looking at her with a silent warning sealed on his face, he spoke in an unbelievably soft tone - "Yaar Naina, itni Khushi ka din hai aaj aur tum yeh bewajah ladaiya karne me waqt barbaad kar rahi ho?"