• Carnal Desires •

A five-year-old boy was jumping like a monkey while enjoying his chocolate ice cream, his mother shaking her head in disbelief as it was difficult to make her naughty son finish the melting dessert without damaging his pristine dress.

"Shanoy, stop behaving like a kid, and finish the ice cream." SamaiNa heard the young lady berating her son in a stern voice, thoroughly irked by his growing impishness.

Sameer flared up his nose, whispering in his wife's ear with a perplexed face - "Yeh bacha hai toh bache jaisa hi behave karega na. Abhi se kyu isko bada banana hai."

"Hmm, she looks strict," Naina said with a disgruntled expression.

"Mumma I want candy floss wali ice cream." The kid demanded, making a puppy face to melt his stubborn mother, but she vehemently refused to accept his request, warning him while cleaning the plastic cup with a pink spoon - "Chup chap yeh finish karo aur chalo ghar, kal aapka intermediate drawing competition hai uske liye bhi preparation karni hai."

"Ittu se ladke ka drawing competition? Yeh toh khud ice cream bhi nahi khata, yeh kya bana kar aayega kal." Sameer commented again with a surprised look, chuckling at the little boy who started to run around the chairs to pester his mother.

"Mujhe toh is baat ka dukh zyada hai ki iski mummy ne itne pyare bache ko ice cream dene se mana kar diya." Naina had a different thought in her mind while witnessing the cute baby requesting the obstinate lady to fulfill his craving for candy-floss dessert, but she wasn't melting even a bit. Scolding him for becoming demanding day by day.

"Usne already ek ice cream kha li hai, and it's enough," Sameer said with a firm look, refilling his spoon with the leftover mud chocolate ice cream.

Yes! He was eating chocolate ice cream.

And why?

Because his oh-so-loving wife wanted him to twin with her dessert tonight.

Hence he has to reluctantly buy a dark cocoa-flavored frozen melting liquid to make her happy.

"Haa so what? One ice cream is never enough, main itni badi ho gayi hoon toh bhi mujhe compulsory do ice cream chahiye hai, aur yeh toh bechara itna chota sa hai, mann kaise satisfied hoga sirf ek baar khane se?" Naina supported the little boy with a sympathetic look, wishing she could buy him ice cream and see that sweet, adorable smile on his face.

"First of all, tum badi nahi hui ho, sirf age badh rahi hai tumhari, secondly, kids often catch cold and cough after consuming frozen products. Toh unke liye limitation honi chahiye hai aisi sab chizon ke liye." Sameer's thoughtful reply with seriousness on his countenance upset his wife, but she cannot even deny the fact that it's really not beneficial to have a sweet tooth and unhealthy cravings.

Naina glanced at him acutely, threatening him with a tight-lipped smile - "Main bhi dekhti hoon tumhari yeh thoughtfulness kaha jayegi jab humari beti ya beta tumse demand karega ki Baba mujhe ek aur ice cream khani hai."

"Kahi iska ulta na ho jaye." Sameer gave an amusing smile while devouring his not-so-favorite dessert.

"What do you mean?" She asked him with confusion surrounding her face.

"Baad me pata chal jayega." He whispered in her ear in a teasing voice, blowing soft air against her pierced skin with a frivolous grin.

Naina felt baby hair growing on her forearms after sensing his warm breath testing her self-control in front of many people, and Sameer desired to behold the serenity of her current sitting posture enveloped with grace and nervousness while clenching the paper cup tightly, looking at his playful smile through her peripheral vision.