Part 21 ~ Keith goes to hibernate

Alma could not believe how much they had gotten done in such a short time. She was thankful that Keith's cave was enormous so they had plenty of space to keep their stuff. Alma had always hated the branches that covered the cave, they did help with keeping the wind and cold from entering but not that much. She was determined to make some kind of door before winter would hit. She had decided to work hard today and get it done. Everything was ready for winter but Tram decided to take a stroll into the woods and collect more herbs for winter, he also wanted to check on the older beasts before winter and make sure they had what they needed so his day was rather full but fortunately Keith and Askell could stay and help Alma. Alma bossed them around and they did what she asked with a big smile on their face. Alma could see that Keith was tired, she knew he would soon go to hibernate. She wished he did not have to, it would be hard not seeing or talking to him for four months. She loved him so much, he was just a ray of sunshine and always knew how to make her feel better.

Alma told them she wanted to try to make a better door for the cave. She asked them to cut the sugarcanes in half, after she had measured how much she needed (she just used her feet and made an estimate) She started working, the leaves her were not the same as back home, they were strong and easy to use. She braided the leaves together and made a rope after that she used the rope to tied the sugarcanes together. She was very happy with it, sure it was nowhere near perfect since she did not have a hammer nor any nails, the door could easily be removed but it was sturdy and would hold. She had used the leaves to make a rope to secure the door so it could not easily be blown away if the weather would be too bad. She really wanted to make a stove, she really could do it, it was not that hard, she had seen the guy do it in the video, she had enough clay she was even very fortunate that the cave had small hole that she could easily use for the stove. She had a lot of time to do it so she was not that worried about it, she needed a bathtub first. They all worked hard on the bath after finishing the door, it was tedious, boring and took a long time but it had to be done. Alma had drawn on the floor how she wanted it to look, she watched closely on their work so it would not be wasted. Everything was going well when there was a knock on the door.

Alma told them she would get it and asked them to keep on working, when she opened the door she saw Fannar. He had caught a bunny and wanted to give it to Alma. Alma loved bunnies, she felt so sad when she saw the dead bunny, she really wanted to cry, it was such a cute bunny, so little and helpless. She smiled and thanked him, she knew he did it for her so she had to be graceful and thankful. She loved little cute animals, there was so little meat on the little bunny that she found it horrible to kill such a lovely creature just for its white fur. Still she said nothing, this is not her home and the rules in this place are different, still poor bunny. Fannar did not notice Alma's sad face, he was happy to give her anything, he wanted to give her more but he did not want to burden her, not yet anyway. He wanted her to get used to him, so used to him that she could not bear to leave him. He would be coming and checking in on her during wintertime, it was no bother, he would do anything for his little female.

Alma asked Fannar what he thought of their new door. He had never seen a better door than this, he wanted one for himself too but he thought it did not matter since he would be her mate soon enough, then the door would be his too. He saw her mates on the floor working with mud, he was a very curious beast and wanted to know what they were doing. Alma told him she was making a bathtub. Fannar had no idea what a bathtub was so she explained it would hold water and you would sit in it and clean yourself. She told him she wanted to be able to clean herself during wintertime since she would not be able to go to the lake. Fannar did not understand her wanting to bathe so much, no beast would bathe so much, it was not necessary but still he loved the way she smelled so he was conflicted wether she needed so many baths or not. Fannar decided it had nothing to do with him, he would love her even though she was the dirtiest female. Fannar could see that her mates were not too happy with him being there and he could also see Alma was very busy. He did not want to make her annoyed so he told her that he would see her soon and to remember to take good care of herself. Alma smiled at him and told him he was welcome anytime, both Keith and Askell frowned, that annoying vulture would come everyday if he could and they had not patience for him.