Part 88 ~ Finding Alma

Haffi had sped off in the same direction Alma had left with Askell, he had some knowing where that so called secret spot was but he did not know exactly, he scanned the area, focusing on everything he could see and did not forget to use his nose too but he could not smell her nor Askell. It had been a long time since they had left, the wind would have carried their scent away so if they had gone their scent would not linger, he felt disappointed and upset not being able to scent her, what they all had thought had not been true, she had not been safe in the secret place with Askell, he panicked for a while, thinking that they might be dead but he got a hold on himself rather quickly since he knew her mates would have felt it if she was gone but that did not mean she could not be hurt, he scoured the area, trying to find any clues on where they might have gone but he found no clue. He decided to put himself in Askell shoes and think of why they would have left a secure place and he did not find any reason for him to have left it unless it had been comprised or they had left before the attack, he did not know which one would be better but he felt it was unlikely an assassin preys had spotted them in their hiding place, it was too well hidden, he had searched the area with a comb but he still could not find it so in all likelihood they had left before the attack and since they had not returned they must have gotten in trouble, it made the most sense, if by small chance they were still in the area and he had not been able to scent them, they would have heard him calling out to them, at least Askell would have, his hearing is very good, he felt like he was in a rush for time to find them but where to start.
He knew Alma loved flying and loved to see new things so he felt it was logical that Askell would have flown the sea side both to please Alma and to protect his hidden place, he was sure that Askell had been on his way home, it just made sense so he took off and scoured the sea, he hoped he would be able to find them soon, he missed her terribly and he was afraid that she was in trouble.

Odin helped the mermen take on the last of the assassin preys so that he could get answers he wanted as soon as possible, he was angry, scared and very upset and he used all that energy to kill the last of the preys, as soon as the last one had drawn its last breath the first thing he asked them was why where they helping them and where was his mate.

The mermen had only been given orders to help the village fend off the assassin preys but they did not know if their king wanted them to tell this very angry snake where their queen was and why they had helped, they all looked at each other nervously, scared to anger their king but they knew that this snake was one of their queens mate and he was rightfully worried about his mate, so the most courageous merman of them all decided to tell the snake that they had been ordered by their king to help the village, he cleverly withheld that Alma was now the mate of their king, they were very sure that this big snake would not be too pleased with that information. The merman told Odin that they had been asked to help get rid of all the assassin preys so that the female could return back home. Odin was filled with relief, she was alright, he thanked the beast goddess for keeping her safe from harm but now he needed to know where she was so that he could go and get her. The merman hesitated a little before telling Odin that the hawk had been seriously wounded and had needed medical help. Odin was quick to ask what had happened but they did not know, they had not been there when he had been hurt nor had their king told them the reason why the hawk was injured, they had only been told that he could have died and was still very sick though he would most likely live. They told Odin that the hawk could not be moved and it was not safe for the female to go home at that time anyway because of the herd so they had to wait. Odin could understand all of this but not the reason why they had helped them, he could guess though, he was sure the merman king wanted Alma to be his mate, he felt so discouraged, she had so many mates already and still a few potential mates that would become her mates soon also, he knew this would be his life, every beast would desire her and want her, he knew she would not accept everyone but he knew she would still have a larger harem than she had at this moment, he felt scared that she would forget him in time, that she would find someone better than himself and fall deeper for him, that thought filled him with despair for he could not live without her. He let himself wallow a little in his unhappiness before quickly asking where she was. The merman told him they would bring him to her if he liked but they were not sure if the hawk could be moved at the moment so they might have to stay for a few days or even weeks before he could be safely moved back to the village, Odin had a grim expression on his face, he thought that Askell must have been seriously injured if he could still not be moved, still Alma needed to be brought back home, he needed her to be secure, he asked who was treating Askel and the merman told them that their healer had been working tirelessly to heal the hawk, Odin just gave them a little hmm and asked them to wait for him to tell the others he was going to get Alma.

Odin returned to their home quickly and held a meeting with all her mates and potential mates. He told them about the situation and that he was going to go and get Alma and Askel. He told Tram to get ready for a very injured hawk and have everything ready for Alma, she must have been through a lot theses days and she would need feeding, cleaning and a lot of rest. Odin asked Ulfar to go with him to get Alma, he had a feeling it would be a wise decision to bring him since he could easily calm her down, they would have to travel a little slower since the Komodo dragon was not as skilled of a swimmer as Odin but he was good enough. Ulfar was glad Odin had asked him to come along, he missed his Alma and he wanted to do anything he could to help her and bring her back home. Odin gave strict orders to clean the place up as fast as possible, he did not want to worry Alma more than necessary and he told everyone that they had to make sure to get all the lifestones from the preys before they were discarded. Poor Fannar had been the one who worked the hardest getting rid of all the lifeless preys, he was strong still he needed rest, he was only a four stripe beast he needed his rest, he was most afraid of to pass out while throwing the carcasses to the alligators and being eaten himself. He looked at Odin with pleading eyes, asking if he could rest for only a few hours, Odin felt annoyed but he understood he was only a four level, not good enough yet, he needed to work harder to get to the next stripe so he could protect Alma better. He told him he could rest for two hours after that those carcasses needed to be rid of. Odin told the other beasts they could help Fannar by carrying the carcasses closer to the alligators shore so that is what they did, still there were so many of them, they had never seen so many dead bodies at the same place, the smell was awful, it would have been better if they could eat them but their meat was rancid and it made you very sick. Everyone had a job to do and while Odin was off rescuing Alma, Keith was in charge of getting everything ready. Keith sighed it was such a big task, if felt impossible getting everything ready before Alma would return. He was sick with worry, he had been so sure she was safe with askell, he would never assume anything ever again, her safety was his priority, he had let her down and he would never make the same mistake again, he felt a rush of energy flowing in his veins, he encouraged everyone to work hard, Alma deserved it, she was the one that make a home for everyone and they owed her to do their best for her. She was after all the queen of their hearts.

Hope you liked it. Next chapter Odin and Haffi will finally meet their Alma again, ill try to update tomorrow another chapter but im not making any promises, i will promise though that there will be another chapter updated before Friday :) and again thank you so much for reading, liking and commenting, it really brightens my day, i hope you all have a great week ahead of you goodnight ❤️