Part 89 ~ Exhausted

Poor Alma had barely left the hut in a week, she focused all her energy on Askel, if she focused on him she had less time to focus on herself. She was so tired, she had no appetite and she had a hard time falling asleep. Askell went in and out of consciousness and Alma was there for him, ready to fulfill all his needs, she comforted him and fed him water, life-stones and broth, he was not conscious long enough nor was he strong enough to feed him anything else than broth, the doctor had told her that it was alright, the broth was made with meat, bones and dried herbs and the doctor had told her that the broth would be good nourishment for him. She need not to worry about not feeding him anything else but she should try to get him to drink as much broth as she could, it would help him get his strength back.

Alma tried not to think about her family and the village, it would only make her cry, she missed them all so much, she was so thankful that they were home and secure, she worried most about them being stressed about her and Askells disappearance, she hoped they would not find them right now, she was afraid she would crumble and she could not do that to herself, Askel nor her new mate. She knew full well that all her mates would not like how fast she had mated Hafthor and she was a little afraid they might even try to kill him so she had to be strong and secure his safety and of course the safety of the shark. She did not even know his name yet and she really did not have the energy nor the will to get to know either of them at that moment, she just wanted to help Askel.
She really liked the doctor, he was kind and did not ask for anything, he tried to get her to eat and move around but she just would not leave Askel, she wanted him to know that she would not leave him and for the food it almost made her want to gag, not that it was not tasteful she just had an upset stomach, she worried that it might be ulcers from stress, still she did not say anything, what was there to say anyway, they had no idea what it was and she would not take one life stone for herself, they were all for Askel, he might need everyone of them. She looked at his handsome face, he looked so peaceful, it almost seemed as he was in no pain and everything was alright, she stroked his hair, singing to him softly, trying not to cry, trying not to think how his life would change, she worried so much that he would wither away because of his leg, she just hoped she would be enough to help him heal, she would put all her efforts to help him. She would make him a new leg, she worried most about his wings, she could not do anything if his wings were broken, she prayed, as she had never prayed before, she did not know if there was a god but she liked to believe there was one, she prayed to him to heal her mate, she prayed with full sincerity, she was willing to sacrifice her own leg and arm if god could heal him, she had so many beasts that loved her she would be alright, he needed it more than her, she hoped her prayers would be answered.

Odin and Ulfar swam as fast as they could, they had been swimming without stopping for two days, Odin was so tired but all he could think about was Alma and her safety, Ulfar was the same, he was not as tired as Odin but still very tired, he had fought just as hard as Odin while the village had been under an attack but he did not care, all that mattered was getting Alma back home, she had become his whole life in such a short time. She was such a small thing, he could not understand how such a weak thing had managed to open his mind, he had lived his life by the motto its killed or be killed, that was the life of every beasts but she had made his life become more than just about survival. He had never laughed as much before knowing her, he had learned so many useful things he never knew possible and the best lesson was that life could be more than just to live one day at a time. They made plans, they build a village, the made a home, his heart was so fulfilled, he never wanted this feeling to end, he was greedy he wanted more. He had been imagining their cubs, how would they look like, would they look like her, he truly hoped so, would they be as clever as her and could they sing such beautiful songs as she did, he hoped so. He had many hatchlings in this world but he really wanted to make cubs with her, cubs they would make with their love, how lovely would that be, he would cherish them almost as well as he would his mate. She was an excellent mother and he hoped he would soon become a father to their own hatchlings.

The doctor was worried about Alma, he could not get her to eat nor move, she only left Askel if she had to relive herself. He tried to talk to her and tell her that Askell would be alright, the worst was behind them, all he needed now was to sleep and heal but she just smiled at him and thanked him but she told him she had to take care of her mate. He felt sorry for her, she had lost a lot of weight in such a short time and he knew she was barely sleeping and when she did she was having horrible nightmares, she needed to go back to her mates as soon as possible, she needed to heal also but he had no idea how to help her, his best guess was that she needed her mates and feel secure, if things continue as it was he was worried she would wither away, for a being so fragile he felt she was very strong, she was strong for her mate and he admired her for her devotion, he was envious of the bird, he longed for her to look at him the same way as she looked at the hawk, maybe with time he might have a chance, he was sceptical but still held on to that little threat of hope.

The shark and Hafthor had stayed on the shore and in the sea, they were both worried about the female, she had not left the hut for anything else than to relive herself and the minion had told them she had no appetite. Hafthor blamed himself and was very worried for her, he cursed himself, he was thinking of offering himself up to her as a follower beast, that would dedicate his soul to her and her safety, if he did that he would have to kill himself in front of her so that his soul would know whom to follow and protect, he felt such despair in his heart and felt as if his goddess had deceived him. He had dreamt of Alma for a long time and in the dream she was his just as willingly as he was, but things had not gone as they should, he wished his beast goddess would have prepared him better for this female was not like the others, she was so small he was afraid to break her, he just wanted her to love him, he had loved her for a long time, not knowing how she looked but in his dreams he had fallen in love, they had been so happy in his dreams, she was his dream goddess, he was certain that Alma was that person even though he could never remember how she looked like, he felt it, deep in his bones that she was supposed to be his but everything was ruined he felt, he had made a huge mistake and he had no idea how to fix it, all he could do now was wait, and protect her, he knew once her mates found her that things would change, he might even not be able to be her soul beasts, they might be so angry that they might kill him, he was certain that she would not protect him, why would she, he had used her when she was at her weakest, he felt so much shame in his heart, he was no king, he was no better than a feral, he was a fraud.

Odin could see the huts on the island, she was there, he had finally found her, he swam faster, he did not care if Ulfar was following him or not, he needed his Alma secure in his arms. He did not notice, the shark nor the king, he was too tired and too focused on one thing and that was his Alma.

He reached the shore and morphed into his human form, he walked fast into the hut, he could smell her scent as soon as he reached to shore, he walked into the hut and what he saw was Alma, sleeping in sitting position, she had Askells head in her lap and she was not comfortable, her head was drooping with no assistance, he walked towards her, as silently as he could, he did not want to disturb her, she looked so tired and so small, she had lost a lot of weight, she had put all her care towards that selfish bird while not taking care of herself, he almost wanted to wake the bird up and give him a good scolding but then he saw how injured he really was, his leg was missing, it was a miracle he was still alive, his poor Alma all alone trying to be strong for the stupid bird, she had him now, he would take care of her, he sat next to her, his movements were soft and he made sure not to make any noises, he took her head softly in his hands and guided her body to lay on him, he put furs on her so she would not get cold, he stroked her hair and tried to make her sleep in a comfortable position without waking her up. She was so exhausted, she needed the sleep and she would sleep as long as she needed. Odin finally felt peace in his heart and passed out due to exhaustion.

Ulfar walked into the hut, he did not say a word. He could clearly see that he was not welcomed at the moment, there was no room for him anyway in the hut so he did as was best, he left the hut and protected it, even though he was weary he still kept on going, he had to protect her, he could sleep when he was dead besides she was finally found and soon they would all go home, he had all the time in the world to cherish her, he could wait.

Ill update again on Sunday night, next chapter there might be some drama 🙈 Odin is after all such a drama queen 😂  I hope you liked it, thank you again for reading, liking, commenting, it means the world to me, I wish you all an awesome weekend