Part 101 ~ Getting to know each other

It took almost three weeks until it was safe to get news to Hafthor that Alma needed to see him. Hafthor, at first was a little frightened, he was scared that she was going to tell him to leave, still he swam to shore and walked towards Alma's house.While he was walking towards the house the storm started again with a bang and Hafthor could not use his magic to lessen it since he had to reserve it for if the city needed more food, fortunately he knew the way and powered through the strong wind and hail, it was hard, that little walk took him much longer than it should have and he was lucky he made it, it is easy to loose directions when you don't see where you are going nor can you use your nose to scent your surroundings. Alma was a little stressed when Hafthor had not made it before the storm hit again, she was afraid he would get lost so she asked her mates to use their beasts sounds so that it could guide him towards the house and it worked, Hafthor had been on the right course but hearing the noise helped guide him the right way and helped him to move faster.

As soon as he came in Alma let him sit near the fireplace and brought him blankets and hot water to drink, he was a cold blooded beast so he really did not need it but it did warm his heart that she had cared for him. Alma looked at her mates and asked them if they could have a little privacy, they were fast to scatter to give her a chance to talk to him.
Alma decided to talk about everything with him, she had been thinking non stop about how they left things and she really felt she had done him wrong, yes what he did was not right but she had not been right either. She felt his behaviour was not wrong for this world. She had talked a lot about this with Ulfar and he had explained how things work very clearly but she had already known how it works. She could not blame him at all, who would forfeit their chance on getting a mate, she thought that most would not since only a small fraction of males were lucky enough to get a mate. Things here were nothing like back home, there were too many males and too few females. She started their conversation by telling him that she did not blame him at all but she had needed time to process what had happened. She told him that she did not like to mate with anyone unless she knew them well and had formed a relationship with them, he was the first one she had slept with without knowing and she had thought she could deal with it but unfortunately, she had not. She apologised for making him go through this all but she also told him that she had not felt it was right for him to use her horrible situation to get a mate but she still understood why he did. She told him she had forgiven him but they would need now to get to know each other slowly, Hafthor burst in tears he had been so scared for such a long time, not knowing what would happen weight heavily on his heart, one minute he was confident she would forgive him and the next he was scared she would ask him to leave. He told her he was very sorry for everything and how he wished he could take it all back. He promised her that he would never do anything she was not comfortable with again. Alma teared up seeing him so emotional, she had known he felt bad but she had not thought he was this scared, again she heard voices in her head calling her bad names but she shook her head and said no, I do not want to listen, Hafthor stopped crying and did not know what was happening, he had not said anything but he calmed himself when he saw her hands on her head and saw her shaking her head. He did not know what to do but he felt he needed to do something so he did the first thing that came in his head, he embraced her and pet her back softly, this brought Alma back, she embraced him back and told him she was sorry for how she behaved. She told him that she had some problems with herself and she was trying her best to heal herself, she told him she might behave like this again and if she did just to do what he did now as it had really helped her. She thanked him for helping her and he smiled so bright, happy he had helped.

They talked along time about each other. She told him all about herself and where she was from. He told her he had been dreaming about her for years, he told her he had heard a voice in his dreams telling him that she would be his mate when the time was right. Alma wanted to know more and about the dreams, he told her that in the dreams he dreamt of them having cubs and raising a family, it was wonderful dreams and he had wished he could sleep forever since he was so happy in the dreams. He told her he was pretty certain the voice was the beast goddess but he could not be fully sure, he also did not know why he dreamt of her nor why she came here. Alma hoped she would in time get to know who brought her here and why but she was glad she was here, here she had found the happiness she craved and the family she had always wanted.

After a while Alma told him that she was pregnant and that she was rather sure he was the father. She told him that there was no smell and she still bled but she told him that Tram was pretty certain she was. Hafthor had always wanted to be a father. He asked if he could put his hand on her belly and Alma said yes. He carefully put his hand on her stomach and after a little while Alma felt a little tingle and warmth she looked at his hand and she could see it was glowing, it was a beautiful sight, she looked at Hafthor, he was smiling so bright that he could have blinded everyone that saw it. She felt happy in her heart, she had grown much closer to him in such a short time, and she could feel how much he loved her through the touch, it was indescribable but still it was true. After a little while Hafthor sang, she really liked it she looked at him and looked at his hand, she thought she saw a faint blue light coming from her inside but she was not sure, his light was so bright, she would remember this moment forever, it felt like all of them were one being, it was an experience she would treasure for the rest of her life.
After a while the glow of his hand grew fainter and fainter, and his singing grew softer and softer until all was over. He embraced her and thanked her for giving him a chance and giving him what he had always wanted a family. He told her she was pregnant and that he had made contact with at least eight of their offspring's but he told her that they might be more. He told her that when the cubs were asleep he could not feel them so there might have been some that were still sleeping, he told her that she would be pregnant for a while, it took one year for the eggs to be birthed from the mother and after that he would take them to their birthing place in the sea and there they would be for another year before hatching. It was much harder to breed merman's than it was most other species since they were magical being they needed more time and if they did not live for such a long time they would most likely be extinct, they had very few natural enemies since most had some control of the sea and could by that defeat a much stronger opponent then they were so they were left mostly alone. Alma was a little bummed that she would have to wait such a long time to see her little cubs, she was so excited but she would have to be patient, she asked Hafthor if he liked to stay for winter but he refused. He told her it was better that he was at sea if the city would need more food since he was the only one that could control the weather and help with the hunting but he asked her if next winter he would be able to spend it with her and she said yes, she told him that they are a family and families should stay together, it made him feel giddy inside, hearing her say that.

He did not need to be in the ocean but his strength came from the ocean so he would never be his best on land but that was alright since he did not need to be at his best during the winter and he could always be in the ocean during spring, summer and fall, he wanted to be with his family, the one he had wanted for such a long time.

Sorry im late updating, my arthritis has been bad in my hands so I decided to wait a little so it would not hurt as much writing, im sorry and ill do my best to keep to the schedule, i wish you all a great weekend :)