Part 58 ~ Traveling

Alma had been travelling on Addis back all day and they did not stop until it was getting dark, she had forgotten how sore you ass could get from sitting on a horse for a long time and she did not even have a saddle but she did not complain, she did not have to walk like all the rest so she would never udder one complain to the others. Odin had been carrying Gudda in his mouth, Alma wanted her cub to be well protected so she picked Odin to carry her little lamb. Odin was happy that she picked him, she could have asked any of her beasts but she chose him, it just shows who she trusts the most, it made his heart swell with pride.

They set camp for the night. She was so thankful that they were travelling in such a big group, it made you feel more secure. She had lost sight of her flying beasts early on, on they journey she just hoped they were all doing alright and the bed was still safe, she had a feeling everything was fine, she had complete trust in them all, they were all such capable beasts.

Alma had noticed that the spider was following them, she did not know if she should say something or not, she still was not willing to add him to her family but she had to admit he had been doing a lot to help her and her family, still she did not what to do, she thought maybe she should give him a chance, she was rather sure that this was Keith doing, she knew how much Keith wanted the spider to join the family for their protection but still she was not ready to give him a chance, maybe she thought to herself.

Eyvi and Grey went out to catch dinner for Alma, some beasts decided to hunt too but most did not. Alma had stored a lot of meat that she had worked with to make it last longer, she had given all the beasts their share to have for the travel and it should be enough to feed them until they reached their destination. Alma knew she had to make a lot of sacrifices so all the beasts that joined them would be able to survive, she thought she might create some kind of tax for all the able beasts to pay, she was not sure if they would agree or not, still it would be best so that the beasts that could not hunt could get food and the fur they needed for the winter. There were so many beasts that were joining them that she did not think it would be too taxing for them to give up a little of their prey so that the rest could survive. She was very sure her family could contribute a lot to all the needing beasts, she was willing to take on most of the burden so that all could live, be well fed and in a secure home. She felt that this arrangement would be best for everyone, Tram would be able to help the sick and old but she really wanted him to take on a few beasts that could also learn how to heal, it would lessen his burden and give them a better chance to get a female of their own, a win, win for everyone she thought to herself. There were many young beasts in the village that would not be able to reach the strength of her beasts, most beasts did not, it was only a selected few that made it as far as her beasts so it was best to help them master a skill so they could better take care of themselves and increase their chance on getting a female of their own.

Alma had been sitting next to the fire for a long time, just thinking about the future and their new home. Her beasts just watched her hoping she would praise them a little and give them a little attention. Alma had finally thought of the best way to go a head so she put on a smile and looked at her mates. She saw all of them just looking at her waiting for her to say something, she was one question mark, she had no idea they had been waiting for her so she just gave them all a smile and decided to tell them a story, they had all worked so hard they all deserved some entertainment. She told them the story about king Henry. She began the story with the lines of in a land far far away lived a king named Henry, she told them that he had ruled a country called England and that he had married a woman that had first been married to his brother but unfortunately his brother died so he had to marry the woman if he wanted to be a king. Henry did not like his wife though and mated with a lot of women, she told them that in this land men ruled and there was enough females for every man so each man could only have one female and vice versa. They really liked this story, having a female all to themselves and that they could make all the decisions was a nice dream, it would have been nice if it was like this in their land. Alma told them that the king had mated with many females while being married to the queen, the beasts frowned at the king's behaviour, he had such a nice queen all to himself but he had to be a greedy bastard too, they shook their heads in disgust. She told them one day he had met a woman that had bewitched him so that he divorced his wife and married the other woman. This was just too much for the beasts to hear, this king was just crazy, Alma told them in this land there was no mark so men could be with whomever they wished and women too. Still they felt this was wrong. She then told them he had only married the woman because she had promised to give him a male child but she had told him lies and and only given him a daughter so he took off her head. This was like the worst horror story they had ever heard, to take a head off a female that had even birthed a female, was this king delusional, it is much better to have a female than a male, this was just too much for them to hear. Alma was rather startled how angry they were about the king but it made sense, females here were adored and protected, to be able to kill a female was a serious offence in every city and village, they did not like the story so much, she was going to tell them about the other women he had beheaded but she decided to change the story, she told them that Henrys first wife had been so angry with Henry that she decided to hire a beast to behead him for his crimes agains females. The beasts all grunted happy with the ending, that man deserved his ending, he was not worthy of having his own female if he could not take care of her properly. Alma decided never to tell them stories like this again and focus more on the horror and action story's, no true stories containing females being murdered by men. She wanted to end the night on a good note so she decided to sing them a song, she liked singing to them all. She picked one of her favourite Icelandic songs called Rólegur kúreki, it is a soft ballad about a man that thinks he is the best of the best but the woman basically tells him he is no James dean and he should look in the mirror and face the facts, everyone was silent just listening to the little female sing, it was such a lovely night and everyone enjoyed just being in the moment, being outdoors, secure, fed and happy.

The spider had spun a web securing their camp, no one would be able to break it without him knowing, there were not many that could break it, he had not used his strongest web though since it took a lot of energy and it took longer, he would spin that web in their new location. He was hopeful she would accept him in time, he had made sure she would see him working hard to help her, he knew it was best that she would see what he was doing to help her so that she would be more willing to accept him, he was sure it was only a matter of time, he had enough time anyway.

She will reach her destination in the next one or two chapters, I hope you liked it, have a great evening.

I decided to add the songs she will be singing this is one of my favourites 😉